When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does this piece exist or is this a fantasy model?

JuniorNA

I ordered a P112H - Pan because A. i like the base model without the seconds hand at 9:00, and this was had supposedly a stronger crown guard, and lever was thicker and stronger (not as wobbly)

However when I received it, it did not say Luminor under the 12, and Panerai at the 6. It says Radiomir at the 12, and Panerai at the 6.

Does this watch exist? or is this a fantasy piece? or was this just simply a mistake?

Please take a look at the pics and let me know. The dealer I purchased it from said he will make it right and give me a correct one, but I'm wondering if this ever existed bc I kinda like the fact that its a little different than the rest, but wouldnt want it if it's a fantasy piece.

post-18307-1232566523_thumb.jpg

post-18307-1232566539_thumb.jpg

What Ken said, and make sure you don't skimp on postage service when you send it back. Trackable service like EMS or similar is a MUST IMO.

good luck,

babola

What sucks is that the display back is nice, and the numbers on it are not like a regular pam. It does not say H0035/1000 or something like that. It actually has an item number like H0197/2000 - so I'm going to miss that once the standard P112 comes in the mail and I get my generic H0035/1000 engraving on the caseback :(

I should prob keep it and say it was a speciality piece, but no one would believe me. :)

But then again, no one in my life has ever seen a panarai, nor have I ever seen anyone in my life wear a PAN anyway....I should prob just keep it and save on the shipping costs. etc.

but I could see how someone would not want a fantasy model, and want it returned for something that atleast looks like the GEN, but I am going to miss the unique unit make number on the back.

Can you post a pic of that caseback?

If what you said is true and the shape/form and engraving is close to the real thing, than the value of the caseback with that serial # comes very close to the cost of sourcing the correct replacement dial and hands for that model, which you can order separately.

Can you post a pic of that caseback?

If what you said is true and the shape/form and engraving is close to the real thing, than the value of the caseback with that serial # comes very close to the cost of sourcing the correct replacement dial and hands for that model, which you can order separately.

Sure, here is the caseback.

post-18307-1232577016_thumb.jpg

If you like the watch keep it, I would. Who's going to wear it? A nice watch I might add. Good luck :) Mike

I really do like the fact that the caseback is unique and not like the other p111's and p112's that are floating around. It's just a dead give away if someone were to notice and say something, which in term would have to be admitted it's a rep. bottom line. But i do like it.

however something in my head is yelling at me to get the most accurate rep avail, then do the mods later....but then again, if i had the watch I wanted, i would have still been bummed out over the H0035/2000 caseback serial :(

I cant win. lol

Don't know where you got the H0197/2000 from. Your's is one of the F2052/4000 casebacks which is good for a 111F. However the F series movement has the PANERAIPANERAI engraving instead of the H & onwards CdG stripes.

Apart from the wrong dial for this case you have the wrong caseback for a 111H. However, I would also be concerned about that CG - it seems to me that the pin is so close to the edge of the bridge that it has deformed the shape of the bridge piece. The crown looks dire too. Who on earth supplied this POS? It has got so much wrong with it that I'm tempted to suggest that it's one of DSN's 'custom' pieces.

Don't know where you got the H0197/2000 from. Your's is one of the F2052/4000 casebacks which is good for a 111F. However the F series movement has the PANERAIPANERAI engraving instead of the H & onwards CdG stripes.

Apart from the wrong dial for this case you have the wrong caseback for a 111H. However, I would also be concerned about that CG - it seems to me that the pin is so close to the edge of the bridge that it has deformed the shape of the bridge piece. The crown looks dire too. Who on earth supplied this POS? It has got so much wrong with it that I'm tempted to suggest that it's one of DSN's 'custom' pieces.

I did a HUGE edit on this post.

Ok. so let me clear that up....

I ordered a PAM 112H from TT.

Figured I like the luminor base without the seconds hand. I then got thsi watch, which says radiomir. So the back looks ok but it looks like its for an F series, not an H series.

It says F2052/4000 - but if that is for a P111, then I received a P111F caseback on a watch that was supposed to be a P112H. So not only is the caseback wrong if you are saying that F2052 is standard, then The dial is obviously wrong as well.

so instead of getting a p112H, i got caseback for p111F (which is wrong anyway because it doenst have the paneraipanerai, and dial of radiomir, LOL

Edited by JuniorNA

so instead of getting a p112H, i got caseback for p111F (which is wrong anyway because it doenst have the paneraipanerai, and dial of radiomir, LOL

So what happened to H0197/2000 caseback and where did you get that serial from...?! :huh:

Confusion abounds...

So what happened to H0197/2000 caseback and where did you get that serial from...?! :huh:

Confusion abounds...

Yeah i was off on that. I didnt have the watch in hand and I thought I saw an H, and as soon as I saw it wasnt a 0035, i just made up a number. but clearly over exaggerated and it was F2052