When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC discontinues the Ingenieur 3227

Seadweller4000

IMO this policy doesn't say much for the iconic nature of the brand when they have to completely shut models down and redesign them every few years. One of the very dime store fly by night qualities of the brand that keeps it from getting respect from many WIS and certainly the rest of their peers. These policies are mistakes for any luxury brand seeking staying power...

IMO this policy doesn't say much for the iconic nature of the brand when they have to completely shut models down and redesign them every few years. One of the very dime store fly by night qualities of the brand that keeps it from getting respect from many WIS and certainly the rest of their peers. These policies are mistakes for any luxury brand seeking staying power...

Exactly my thought. :(

I think watch companies are moving to designs that are difficult to duplicate and emphasize the mechanical parts and design, such as the Defy Xtreme Zenith line. Wonder if IWC is going in that direction, away from watches that are duplicated by Chinese 2 weeks after they are out.

In my opinion there is nothing that can