When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SSD feels small on wrist

Rxus

Yes I realize this is not a pam or any Breitling, but am I just being crazy by thinking this SD feels small?

Did i just pick out the smaller of the two between the Sub and the SD? I was looking for case size not really thickness, or maybe I should give it a few days and some wrist time before I give up on it?

I just had to let that out as i'm a bit frustrated over it.

It was exactly what hapenned to me.... I admit that the quality of the watch is very good.. But the size.. <_<

I really feels like I'm wearing a "lady" watch.. I have it for 2 days and sell it... it's really not a watch for me... and I don't recomand it for people who like big watches...

For now I'm waiting to receive the Deepsea V3, wich seems to be a "rel man watch"... B)

The big craze has gone too far and is finally starting to fall a bit out of favor though. Even Omega's big movie watch. They led out with the 42MM instead of the 45.5MM. One should never feel that a Sub or SD is too small. It isn't too anything. It is just SD or Sub "sized" and that has its place in any core collection.

Have the giants if you must, but most of them are not versatile at all. Just food for thought. One size doesn't really fit all unless you err on a slightly smaller size. I'm certain the standard sports watch will still remain in the 38-42MM range as it has been for some time. And if you aren't in your 20's the older professional crowd are starting to frown on big watches and whisper that they look silly especially with anything less than totally casual dress. I'm hearing that a lot lately totally unsolicited. Twice even recently back to back. In fact, a bunch of us were at a cigar bar last week and some young guy came in with some huge watch on (I had no idea what it was even) and one of my clients leaned over to me and said, "Do you think he knows how silly that watch looks...Spongebob..." Swear to God. That is a quote. I was rolling because he was right. Not knocking big watches, just letting you know that the fad appears to be waning.

Funny, I was jus thinking this week of the different styles and diameters of my reps.. and thought it has a lot to do with my psyche at the time I fancy a certain size watch. It may be that my mind set has a lot to do with the fact that I find 44mm too big at times.. and at other times find they fit jus right..

I'm still pondering this, as at times I cannot wear the 39's .. or a lot of it can be when my muscle cells are gtg with glycogene I wear the 44's on up and when I'm depleted, usually recovering at the beggining of the week from the previous workouts of the week before.. I really fancy the Rolex 39's

Go figure.,. what ever the reason I love the versitility that the different mm sizes offer... B)

Well ive had the watch on now for 3 days, completely put aside the other larger watches.. And it's starting to feel good, last night (Friday) I put on a nice long sleeve shirt to have dinner with the GF, and wow how much more comfortable it was under the sleeve and didn't feel as bulky when maneuvering around a small dinner table at the restaurant.

Thanks for your comments to all, I'll definately be wearing my SD for the GTG next Saterday.

Cool. Now that is different. Never heard that particular mindset/method before. Makes perfect sense though...

Funny, I was jus thinking this week of the different styles and diameters of my reps.. and thought it has a lot to do with my psyche at the time I fancy a certain size watch. It may be that my mind set has a lot to do with the fact that I find 44mm too big at times.. and at other times find they fit jus right..

I'm still pondering this, as at times I cannot wear the 39's .. or a lot of it can be when my muscle cells are gtg with glycogene I wear the 44's on up and when I'm depleted, usually recovering at the beggining of the week from the previous workouts of the week before.. I really fancy the Rolex 39's

Go figure.,. what ever the reason I love the versitility that the different mm sizes offer... B)