When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7753 On The 'bay

offshore

Spotted this tonight on ebay oz.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=200011579705

Thought it may be of interest to some of you, and it looks authentic??

Don't forgt that A$250, is under U$200 @ current exchange rate , I don't know the current price for a 7753, but this didn't seem excessive, and I think they are a bit hard to come by.

Tell me if I'm wrong here guys... this is not something I normally follow, so the experts here can tell me the whole story.

Offshore

So the $$ were OK?

Glad someone could use it!

As I said, I don't know movement prices, but that didn't look unreasonable.

Just another that I found in my nightly Ebay wanderings. and I do "wander" every night.

Maybe if you guys could list the desirable movements, we who peruse ebay could post some more that we spot. I know I see a couple a night that pique my interest, but not knowing what is wanted, I just wander on by.

Offshore

I 'guess' the dollars are OK... :blink:

I just want my 196 together again:

93569-27733.jpg

93569-27734.jpg

93569-27735.jpg

Maybe I can find another case set and franken a 188 or something... Or maybe something else. Don't know what watches use the 7753 movement yet, but I'm sure I could find one eventually

Thanks for everyone's help in finding and finding out about this movement... The payment has been refunded and the seller walks away with his tail between hei legs:

I understand your position on this, however, I did not believe that this was not a genuine movement...

-xxxx.

Sent: Friday, 28 July 2006 1:26 PM

To: XXXX

Subject: Re: Item no.200011579705 - Notification of an Instant Payment Received from

XXXX...

No, I am not happy to accept your costs as you have advertised this item with false information, so it's an unfortunate scenario for both of us...

I trusted the information on your listing in conjunction with your 100% positive feedback.

By your description, this is a genuine ETA Valjoux 7753 movement, which *is* a derivative of the ETA VJ 7750. There is no fine line between them, they either are or not....

This is why I did the Buy it Now transaction, as you offered, I 'Bought it Now'... The only reason I asked a question after the fact is because a watchmaker alerted me to the possibility that this may be what we now know is... It's quite disappointing for me because the 7753 IS very difficult to find, as you have already stated. I would have been happy to take the movement if it was as described...

To return the favor, just as a future note, , please be more diligent in your description of your items, as some 'trusting souls' could just fall for it ;-)

Please see below, the red bits are incorrect:

>

>

> " Valjoux 7750/7753 SERIES "

>

> Technical Data

>

>

>

> - Suitable for Breitling, Daytona, Speedmaster Seamaster, Monaco, Radiomir, Luminor, Heuer Carrera, IWC

>

>

> - ETA/Valjoux 7753 Caliber

>

> - Mechanical with automatic winding, rotor mounted on ball bearing, unidirectional winding, hack mechanism,

>

>

> - Functions : Hours , minutes , small seconds at “ 9 “,

>

> chronograph ( 30 minute counter at “ 3 “ , 12-hour counter at “ 6 “ , central chronograph seconds ) ,

>

> - Diameter : 30 mm, height 7.9 mm , 25 jewels

>

> - Bph : 28,800 beats per hour

>

> - Full power reserve : Long power reserve for 46 hours .

>

> - Comes with Lamborghini Chronograph Dial

>

> - 100% brand New

>

> - Heavy duty, highest quality, 100% genuine Chronograph Automatic movement

>

> - ETA 7753 Caliber with 3 small movement functions,

>

> - Mechanical automatic CHRONOGRAPH movement

>

> - Fully automatic with sweeping second hand

>

> - movement comes with original protection box

>

> - It must be an collectable item for any Chronograph Watch fans

>

>

> This is absolutely very hard to find item in the market.

>

> NO NEED TO SAY MORE, SEE ABOVE PICTURE FOR ALL DETAILS.

>

>

>

> The above Photo is not a catalogue photo . It is real item that you are bidding

>

David

XXXX wrote:

> David,

> I will see what needs to be done to refund your money.

> I will be out of pocket for ebay and paypal fees, are you happy to accept them? It's about $15

> Just as a future note, the questions you have asked me are probably better to ask before you bid and pay for the item as not all sellers would be understanding.

>

> -XXXX.

>

> From: David

> Sent: Friday, 28 July 2006 12:10 PM

> To: XXXX

> Subject: Re: Item no.200011579705 - Notification of an Instant Payment Received

>

> XXXX,

>

> I have just received confirmation from my watchmaker that this is NOT a ETA Valjoux 7753 movement, it is a 7750 b1 chinese copy that beats at 21,600 and not 28,800 and the subdial spacing is rearranged due to a gear plate at the top of the movement. This movement is known to have many problems....

>

> Besides the problems with this movement, it is not suitable for my watch, it will not fit in a watch that has the genuine 7753 movement in it as the date wheel diameter and the subdial layout are completely different.

>

> Please arrange a refund. I am happy to leave you good feedback as long as you do the same.

>

> Thank you and Best Regards,

>

>

>

> David

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I cant believe the smuck asked so confidentley if you would accept the PayPal and ebay fees, as he is being such an understanding seller! What the hell! If you filed chargebacks, etc. He would not have much choice in the matter. I would leave this guy any positive FB. Glad to hear everything turned out postive.

I cant believe the smuck asked so confidentley if you would accept the PayPal and ebay fees, as he is being such an understanding seller! What the hell! If you filed chargebacks, etc. He would not have much choice in the matter. I would leave this guy any positive FB. Glad to hear everything turned out postive.

Yeah... He's got a lot of balls trying to pull that one... must've taken me for a real sucker :black_eye:

I still wish it was a 7753 :(

Well that turned in to a bucket of s**t.

Sorry to aim you there to start, but it did "appear" legit.

So let's all take a qualified warning of what appears for sale on the 'bay ( and elsewhere.)

Some golden buying rules.

Know your product.

Know its relevant pricing.

Know your seller.

And failing any of the above, be a member of a forum with knowleageable members who can assist in identifying flaws.

s'pose this is what this arena is all about- I'm just sorry I started the trip!

But - no harm done- and again.... and I,ve said it a thousand times.

Read my siggy!

Offshore