When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fix to the GMTIIc Bracelet

cib0rgman

I got tired of living with the flaws of the GMTII Ceramic bracelet. So I decided to take it a step further and fix the flaw.

I use a Noobmariner bracelet end links, this is not easy task and you have to have the skills to perform the modification end links usually get destroyed trying to take them apart. Mines are no exception I was not as patience as I should be. At the end it all works out.

Take a look at the pictures. Noticed how the gap between the end link and the bracelet is gone. I polished the end links to a mirror finish a perfect match. After removing the old end links it makes the bracelet shorter just move the micro adjustment.

Now If I could just only replace the Cyclops this will be a perfect GTMIIc.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think

Cyb

1004588ef1.th.jpg

closeuphp6.th.jpg

endlinkkm4.th.jpg

1004586xk2.th.jpg

• 8 months later...

I wasn't aware that there were any GMT IIc versions out there with poor fit at the end links. The two I have, and most of the ones I've seen, even the cheap ones like at Watcheden have no gap whatsoever.

I just got a GMT IIc and the fit could be a little tighter on the end links. Has anyone else tried this mod?

Looks very good. I have never bought this model because of the humpback end links as it would annoy the hell out of me but I may now think about it. That said, the pics on Josh's site of the latest V rep looks to have a smoother end links and not as chunky. Well done

I wasn't aware that there were any GMT IIc versions out there with poor fit at the end links. The two I have, and most of the ones I've seen, even the cheap ones like at Watcheden have no gap whatsoever.

The gap is not between the endlink and the case. the gap is between the endlink and the bracelet. the hole that connects the endlink to the rest of the bracelet is too far out. that is what creates a gap.