When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am I stuck dealing with Ofrei?

patinga

Am I stuck dealing with Ofrei?

Restoring Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000

Picked this up for almost nothing and it runs. It has never been serviced in over 30 years. When I cracked the caseback, the caseback gasket basically turned to dust. This is a 366.0826 running on a Caliber 1022. Is Ofrei my only option?

Thoughts, ideas, comments, funny anecdotes?

Thanks.

And Shundi hits the nail on the head. My watchmaker is amazing. Problem is he is a small hole in the wall place and is Korean and his English is not good (though his English is way better than my Korean). Sooooo, I have to go out and find the parts. Is there a Omega reference book/website? I see Cousins has just about anything I want and I could just call Ofrei, but I was trying to avoid that to get this thing done fast.

Yes...a wise man.....imagine having Bob as a partner...it would be like watching a train wreck, in slow motion.

Offshore

I consider a conversation with Bob to be the same as either the 7th or 8th circle of Hell depending on your request...and that's just a single customer...I can't imagine what its like if you need to order from him regularly.

Having Bob as a partner would be like being in a train wreck in slow motion, not like watching one.
:lol:

Too true Robbie my friend. Too true. Not a pretty train wreck either. Even as train wrecks go. It must have been hell while it lasted. Her Borel is a brave man. Bob prob did not take the split kindly either. I doubt they still do lunch.

and I could just call Ofrei,

You could, but I wouldn't. More likely to just get yelled at. If you want something from otto FFS get the part code first! Otto, as folk here know has been knowen to send an invoice for wasting his time! He is the TTK of the gen world. Only difference is that TTK is usualy polite and helpfull at least untill you pay. :)

Col.