When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster/railmaster

ryaku

My first omega finally arrived, actually is not mine, but it doesn't matter, it's the same.

I've got a seamaster model, a railmaster 2003 edition: be careful, it's not a fantasy model.

http://www.fador.it/orologi_OMEGA-Seamaste..._Terra_2003.htm

http://www.orologico.it/dbase/857.html#

I think it's very good even though it has some flaws (i knew before purchasing) for me not so important and few easily fixable.

I bought from King and i can't explain enough my satisfaction in dealing with her: absolutely amazing her customer care and price as well.

It's not my first buy from her but she surpassed herself this time: great price, quick and painless delivery (european guys...you know what i mean) and quality watch as usual.

I keep claiming she's understimated here.

Let's start from flaws:

Hands are not accurate for lume on em but lenght is perfect.

Crown is slightly different from genuine.

Diameter: around 3.8-3.9 cm without crown (that's one of the reason for what i choose it, i don't like too big watches)

Movement: 2892 seagull (i presume as many other omega seamaster).

Some pics below.

(Neil, Pug and all other photography nuts stay away from here please :D )

94227-27660.jpg

94227-27661.jpg

94227-27662.jpg

94227-27663.jpg

Cheers :)

Edited by ryaku

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice and classic look. I like it.

Members haven't purchased many Railmasters, and it has been difficult to find any reviews/pictorials of them. So I added this link to my Omega Guide.

Very nice and classic look. I like it.

Members haven't purchased many Railmasters, and it has been difficult to find any reviews/pictorials of them. So I added this link to my Omega Guide.

Yes, you're right it's pretty classy infact i got it for my dad (but i'm sure i'll wear for most of the time, i like it very much and i'm going to buy a nice leather strap).

Thanks By-Tor it's an honour for me being added to your guide.

I just hope there are not too many grammar horrors in my thread. :huh::p

No, thanks to you. And if you review and post new pictures of the watch... just edit your original post and add them here (so the link stays the same).

I've been thinking about Aqua Terra or Railmaster myself. They both have seriously been growing on me lately.

Waiting for Josuas Railmaster to arrive, on the new leather band with deployment, with ETA2824, will post some picks when it arrives.

I was looking at this model but with the correct hands, someone else said that it had been produced with seamaster instead of railmaster so i thought i would find out. I mailed Omega direct and asked them, this was their reply:-

Dear Mr. £$%^&*(

We thank you very much for your message and your interest shown in our brand.

No, this model was never produced with the word “Seamaster” on the dial.

We hope the above is helpful to you and remain,

with our kindest regards,

Özlem Kuleli

OMEGA Ltd.

-----Original Message-----

Posted At: vendredi, 23. juin 2006 00:58

Conversation: Omega - Contact Us Germany

Subject: Omega - Contact Us Germany

<Title>MR

<FirstName>

<LastName>

<Country>Germany

<Email>fxrandy@aol.com

<Msg>Could you tell me if the following watch (railmaster aqua tera 38mm)

http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=291&no_cache=1#

was ever produced with the wording seamaster instead of railmaster and if so in what years.

Many thanks

Sorry to say it but this is a bit of a fantasy with that wording but still a very nice watch, I hope that your movement turns out to be as good as mine, perfect time, as good as the gen. Enjoy the Peirs Brosnan look

Andy

Edited by fxrandy

Waiting for Josuas Railmaster to arrive, on the new leather band with deployment, with ETA2824, will post some picks when it arrives.

Andy

Yes, i'm very curious and i look forward to seeing .

I was unsure beetween these two models. :)

Dear Mr. £$%^&*(

We thank you very much for your message and your interest shown in our brand.

No, this model was never produced with the word “Seamaster” on the dial.

We hope the above is helpful to you and remain,

with our kindest regards,

Özlem Kuleli

OMEGA Ltd.

-----Original Message-----

Posted At: vendredi, 23. juin 2006 00:58

Conversation: Omega - Contact Us Germany

Subject: Omega - Contact Us Germany

<Title>MR

<FirstName>

<LastName>

<Country>Germany

<Email>fxrandy@aol.com

<Msg>Could you tell me if the following watch (railmaster aqua tera 38mm)

http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=291&no_cache=1#

was ever produced with the wording seamaster instead of railmaster and if so in what years.

Many thanks

Sorry to say it but this is a bit of a fantasy with that wording but still a very nice watch, I hope that your movement turns out to be as good as mine, perfect time, as good as the gen. Enjoy the Peirs Brosnan look

Andy

Last time i sent a message to a customer support i was the expert. It happens often.

Try again fx, probabily you'll get a different answer. :D

Or try to ask explanation about the two links and pics above. I'm curious, really.

However i don't care about it, probabily that guy is right, but for now i just know there are two pics and a couple of articles on internet, watch is great and i doubt someone else looking at my watch will send a mail to omega to understand if it's real or not. :D

Edited by ryaku

Last time i sent a message to a customer support i was the expert. It happens often.

Try again fx, probabily you'll get a different answer. :D

Or try to ask explanation about the two links and pics above. I'm curious, really.

However i don't care about it, probabily that guy is right, but for now i just know there are two pics and a couple of articles on internet, watch is great and i doubt someone else looking at my watch will send a mail to omega to understand if it's real or not. :D

The seamaster bit is the least of the down fall as i had been looking at it for a while and did not notice that it did not say railmaster, but if you could get a proper set of hands would you change the ones you had, that to me is the bigest down fall, you have a dial with great lume and then the standard AT hands whitch are not the best to see at night even on the gen.

You are right though who is going to notice and if it makes us feel good the wear them who cares, i just wish mine was here now. it will go nicely with the other 5 aqua terras i have but prpberbly get more wrist time, problem is since i got a 127 pam fever is biting and i cant get that off!!! need omega therapy

:victory:

The seamaster bit is the least of the down fall as i had been looking at it for a while and did not notice that it did not say railmaster, but if you could get a proper set of hands would you change the ones you had, that to me is the bigest down fall, you have a dial with great lume and then the standard AT hands whitch are not the best to see at night even on the gen.

Yes Andy, i couldn't agree more infact i'm gonna replace hour and minute hands very soon.

And after reading your future review (and seeing pics) i could consider to get another one for me (the watch here was a gift for my dad and he's much less anal than us).

I hope your new watch will arrive very soon. :)

Yes Andy, i couldn't agree more infact i'm gonna replace hour and minute hands very soon.

And after reading your future review (and seeing pics) i could consider to get another one for me (the watch here was a gift for my dad and he's much less anal than us).

I hope your new watch will arrive very soon. :)

I am going to be away for a week and i hope it will be here when i get back, i will pm you when it does and let you know right away,

click here for the one i am getting

but have a look at it i dont think you would go far wrong with this and it has the perfect strap fitted, i am waiting to compare that strap with the gen i have because from looks alown it is perfect, josh wants $68, or 78, a gen in my local AD is 540 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!

any way will let you know when it arrives.

Andy

I am going to be away for a week and i hope it will be here when i get back, i will pm you when it does and let you know right away,

click here for the one i am getting

but have a look at it i dont think you would go far wrong with this and it has the perfect strap fitted, i am waiting to compare that strap with the gen i have because from looks alown it is perfect, josh wants $68, or 78, a gen in my local AD is 540 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!

any way will let you know when it arrives.

Andy

Nice choice, i knew it, Aspire has the same watch for something less but Josh strap and clasp are better (moreover i'm not sure Paul has the same prices nowdays).

There's just one debatable aspect: Railmaster writing seems to be bad centered and writing is shifted toward right. Perhaps it's just pics but i noticed the same in Aspire pictures.

To be anal we should also mention back case is not accurate at all. :whistling:

:blink:

Excuse but you have forgotten to specify that you bought a replica...... :D

I have not bought one yet!

I do own a gen AT and a 69 Seamaster and have mailed before ref the 69 and repair. I will agree that the Railmaster looks a bit shifted to the right, just a touch but now you have pointed it out i agree, but i fail to see what is wrong with the case back, point to note my rep AT and the gen case back are interchangable! this looks the same as the case backs i have and therefore perfect for this watch, if it was the XXL then it would be wrong but in this instance not. What would make this one better would be 2892 works or the seagull copy of that.

Andy

:bicycle:

What would make this one better would be 2892 works or the seagull copy of that.

Andy

:bicycle:

Right, i meant that and i was referring to the omega 2500 writing on the rotor. :)

I said first of all was nothing significative (Railmaster writing position annoys me much more but i should see watch in the flesh or in better pics).

This watch is very beautiful brought to the wrist.... for me this is the important!!!

Yes i fully agree MAHLER. :)

I sent a mail to omega customer service asking explanations casu i don't wanna make misinformation here.

I'll update you as soon as i get an answer from em.

Meanwhile take a look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Seamaster-CoAx-Z...bayphotohosting

95842-27319.jpg

I honestly dunno where this dial came from but it's a fact it's real.

Cheers

I dont know what watch that is off but it is nor a railmaster xxl as there is no space for the 6 with the real eta based works omega home rail xxl if this was a 7750 based rep dial it would have the right spacing i think but the 6 subdial on that would be the hours for the stopwatch or an hours follower, or it would have to have the same mods as the daytona works to move the sec sub dial to 6. The reason i think this is if you look at the railmaster chrono it has a 7750???? works and the subdial spacing for this gen looks the same as the one you show above.

I think i will get one of these seamaster/railmaster ones just for the rareity of it fantasy or not.

I dont know what watch that is off but it is nor a railmaster xxl as there is no space for the 6 with the real eta based works omega home rail xxl if this was a 7750 based rep dial it would have the right spacing i think but the 6 subdial on that would be the hours for the stopwatch or an hours follower, or it would have to have the same mods as the daytona works to move the sec sub dial to 6. The reason i think this is if you look at the railmaster chrono it has a 7750???? works and the subdial spacing for this gen looks the same as the one you show above.

I think i will get one of these seamaster/railmaster ones just for the rareity of it fantasy or not.

I don't know either, it's the first time i see and it's unique dial.

I sent a message to the seller but he hasn't replied.

I also sent a message to omega (with links to articles) to have clarifications but no reply at all. :thumbdown:

Probabily they're on holidays or they don't know the answer.

Anyhow it's very hard to say if a dial is genuine, fantasy or vintage hence i don't know if i have to modify my first message in this thread. :g:

My railmaster was released from customs on friday so i hope it will get to me in the next couple of days so i can take some pics of that, but i am thinking of getting a seamaster one as well, like i said before just for the rareity, i just wish they would make the XXL in the same detail that the FA Jones was Made.

My railmaster was released from customs on friday so i hope it will get to me in the next couple of days so i can take some pics of that, but i am thinking of getting a seamaster one as well, like i said before just for the rareity, i just wish they would make the XXL in the same detail that the FA Jones was Made.

I'm thinking the same for your Railmaster, not least because my father always puts on the other seamaster/raimaster. :p