When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brussels annual Get Together, the 2009 V1.0.

Stephane

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what, ive been here only for a little while, but ive meet extraordinary members who have helped me and also made me laugh so many times.

If it is still possible, I would love to come over!

you know what, ive been here only for a little while, but ive meet extraordinary members who have helped me and also made me laugh so many times.

If it is still possible, I would love to come over!

Of course it is.

As we're set for may 23rd, we won't close the attendees list before say may 10th, 2009 :)

Not to thread crap but this is why I started the 'Occupation thread..' it's amazing to see just how many of us can afford to drop everything for a weekend and fly to Europe to goto a one day GTG! I mean I totally would if I could afford to but alas I cannot.

yep that's the thing. I have spoken to another member from the forum who is going from London to Brussels with the Eurostar and i think it was 60 return. Not bad. Proper budgeting is key.

London is too expensive for those GTG's but if we decide to go abroad it's cheaper. Have a look how much a train will cost to Scotland, and then a train to Paris. hmm hmm.

I guess I'm referring more to the US members. I don't know the ratio but it just seems like quite a few people are going to be flying across the ocean and going to Europe for a day (something most people would only dream of being able to do)? I don't mean to judge I'm just amazed.

well, some do have the money saved up somewhere. you're what, 19? once you've established yourself you will find times yourself where you can spend as you wish or at least grant yourself a little something something at times.

besides there are also GTG's in the States.

Well, first we do not expect anybody from the US...to fly for a day in Brussels.

Second, if any US member would come to EU for a vacation, then of course why not drop by in Brussels.

In fact, most of the GTGs are set for "a" continent.

Only one was set by a crazy belgian guy (me) in New York...but again, only locals attended that GTG :D

In short, in Brussels last year we only had EU members attending.

This year, well I guess it will be the same unless Taka comes from Singapore but then he would do that while travelling in Europe for leisure...

Hope this responds to your question...

It does Stephane thank you. I hope I didn't come off as rude, as I stated I'm just surprised. I'm really interested in a GTG at some point in the pittsburgh area. I wasn't when I made the thread but as I've gotten to know you all I've become a lot more interested in just seeing what kind of people I spend entire days sharing opinions and thoughts with haha.

That's a very lovely hotel. Very good value for money. If you are lucky, you will get a corner unit, you will get a bigger room. I would choose to stay there rather than in a hostel.

Yes, I will be doing some travelling beforehand, visiting my friends in Germany if I am attending this one.

@spider: the hangover can last weeks to come. But the memories will last a lifetime.

PS: Don't forget to buy the Leonidas chocolate again. Maybe Stephane can show us alternative chocolattiers.

The last Brussels GTG costs me about 100Eur. These are tix from Stuttgart to Frankfurt Main with ICE (26 Eur with BahnCard50), carpool courtesy of kelster, hotel room in Brussels (60/2 = 30 Eur) and then the rest goes for food at a very nice and cosy restaurant. Stephane even provides us with plenty of snacks and drinks.

What I got back is priceless.

So who do we have then

Stephane of course, unless he want to go out for the day and leave me the keys to his wine cellar :D

FxrAndy

Slay 99%

Scoobs

Cats

Yelloman

SD4K

Vikkyrob

Golfman 80%

Ricardo

Takashi

Pix

Asim

Vedet

Well that is 14 with out partners, a great start i would say.

If any one is in the Bielefeld area or along the route and would like a lift let me know.

Stephane

FxrAndy

Slay 99%

Scoobs

Cats

Yelloman

SD4K

Vikkyrob

Golfman 80%

Ricardo

Takashi

Pix

Asim

Vedet

Ok so it's time to start a list now.

I have a nice home but we might have to move to the football stadium....

Jocking of course.

Please add your name to list !!!

Every one is welcome :rolleyes:

Wow, you live in Brussels and we never met !!!

By the way, I don't see my Belgian mates in the list yet...come on guys

FxrAndy

Slay 99%

Scoobs

Cats

Yelloman

SD4K

Vikkyrob

Golfman 80%

Ricardo + 1

Takashi

Pix + 1 (90%)

Asim

Vedet

Papis

Wow, you live in Brussels and we never met !!!

By the way, I don't see my Belgian mates in the list yet...come on guys

In from Antwerp so Belgians will be on post

In from Antwerp so Belgians will be on post

Mijn vader was in Antwerpen geboren (lang geleden: 1924).

En ik ben een brusselaars, franstalig ;)

I'll give tanfo a call aswell, when I have the time, I'm not sure he follows the forum frequently ;)

Good thinking !!!