When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carrera Racing with AR

801run

Hi guys, hope all is well. Really like this place and all of you helpful people!

Here are some shots of my latest experiment; my TAG Heuer Carrera Racing got AR:ed!

post-15744-1235073543_thumb.jpg

This AR looks really good, I'm totally happy with it! The dial of the Carrera is pretty reflective, so it might be hard to see if the reflections are from the dial or the sapphire in the pics, but the sapphire is almost invisible, if one looks at the big hands and like turn the watch in different angles, you get the feeling that you can grab the hands with your fingers, there is nothing covering them :)

post-15744-1235073833_thumb.jpg

I have more pictures if someone is interested. Now lets just see how well this AR will stand dirt and scratches .. =)

I have the SFSO as well, and I think I actually prefer this AR to the SFSO, even though both are very good!

Take care all!

Edited by 801run

Also, bought this racing strap:

http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstra...-Imola-20m.html

Its kind of Carrera-ish with the perforated leather, and kind of matches the Racing edition with the red stitching i think. I will remove the buckle and attach my Carrera clasp =)

I have the same strap and it looks badass. :D

The double AR looks amazing.

lucky guy

very, very nice !

who did the A/R bTw ?

Thanx!

Actually, access to this AR-lab was easier than I could ever imagine. I live in Sweden, tried to find a lab that were willing to do this .. it was not easy, got turned down by all labs I contacted. I work as a contractor, and it just struck me that I might try and ask the company that I currently work for, they are working a lot with optics .. and yup, they could do it for me! They just put it in the daily production, and didn't even charge me for it =) I gave the guy 100SEK (like ten bucks) in his pocket and told him that I just might bring him more of my sapphires further on hehe .. we'll see about that, depends on how good this treatment will hold up in the end. Only thing is that most of their daily production is done with a process that is no good for sapphire, so I had to wait until they had enough stuff to run a batch with a process that suited my sapphire, thus I had to wait a little over one month to get the sapphire back. But that was alright for me .. I have other watches =)

Edited by 801run

Looks stunning, but does the original also have AR?

Thanx!

I _think_ it does as of 2008 and later, but I'm not certain. The early lines did not have AR, that I know. It is the same with the Link, the old lines did not have AR, but I know for sure that the new Links have double AR.

But since the Carrera reps has the old-line rotor (that is not perforated), the most accurate would be not to have AR on the sapphire. But I'm not so picky with that, I think it looks nice with the AR.