When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sticky ball/Duct tape?

spider87

This thread could have disintegrated into a chaotic hoot..................

...........................had I got to it a bit earlier! :D

lol Glad we got some quality replies before that happened ;-) Haha well I'll keep trying with the duct tape I guess haha..I had a pair of gloves with a good rubber texture on the bottom it wasn't budging still I don't know maybe I'll take it down to my jeweler again and get him to loosen it haha

@Ronin, thank you for the pics on the other note how's the gmt hand on that watch work? haha I am just curious because I heard they have a lot of trouble making them function correctly and to have come from chinatown...

To clear something up: I know the righty tighty lefty loosey thing I just was for some reason thinking it might be different with watches (don't ask me why but they seem so particular I figured that would be something you'd suspect haha)

@Ronin, thank you for the pics on the other note how's the gmt hand on that watch work?

That particular GMT pictured above was from my brother, trying to be nice, while in China. It is a a heap of $%^. The GMT hand on that one just follows along at 2x speed. So pretty much useless as a GMT. I have had it in a drawer for about 6 months and as you can see haven't bothered unwrapping it yet.

By-Tor is the GMT Master around these parts. :)

-Ronin

If it's a cheapo canal street Rolli...are you sure it is a screwback? This may account for the unsuccessful duct tape and/or sticky ball method...sticky ball usually works on all my rolli reps. Best, of course, would be to get the proper tools (but even then, it wont help you if it's a snap back case)...

I think someone just posted something about this...but can quite find the post now.