When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera - Calibre 17 - Quartz

homimo

Hi guys. This is my first rep. I will not try to make a review because I'm total noob but I thougth someone could like these pictures. This is my thank you for all amazing info I found in this community.

I wanted quartz movement with top quality case. Watch looks amazing, it's solid and heavy.

post-20349-1235244060_thumb.jpg

post-20349-1235244101_thumb.jpg

post-20349-1235244113_thumb.jpg

post-20349-1235244128_thumb.jpg

post-20349-1235244141_thumb.jpg

post-20349-1235244152_thumb.jpg

Can I ask why you wanted a quartz movement if for a reason other than cost? Just curious as most members are nutty about mechanical movements around here. Nice looking watch though of course... ;)

I wanted reliability, not to worry about servicing and also I didn't want to spend too much on my first rep.

There's no running second hand on this quartz version. Hours/24 is located on 3. Chrono minutes is located on 9.

looks really good and finely made. how much was it?

i see your point with the quartz, but do buy a mechanical in the future, you will not be disappointed at how reliable some movements are depending what watch you choose. :)

regards,

asim

That's surprisingly good looking rep (for a quartz as they're usually much cheaper looking). Nothing wrong with quartz, although you have a wrong impression of the reliability of Asian 7750. The new (unmodified) 28.800 bph version has turned out to be very reliable movement.

Very nice watch. I have a tag Formula 1gen. Not the best Tag :huh: I bought my first rep about six weeks ago. The Omege po chrono quartz. It is a very nice watch. I have just orderd the Pam 196(7750) I felt the same way as you about my first rep. The quarts is a great way to get a nice watch and not spend a lot of money. My seconds run @ 6, subdial. Since I have been a member here at RWG I have been thinking about autos vs quartz. I have to agree that the mechanical is what a real watch is supossed to be, moving parts. I have a Omega my father gave to many yrs ago. The watch is about forty yrs old. I think it was serviced once. The watch still keeps good time. It is being serviced as we speek. IMHO a quarts as a every day run around watch cant be beat.(no pun intended) ;) But it well never have the look and feel of a good auto. Thanks for the pics, where it well :) Mike

• 4 years later...