When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DRSD 1665

nejad

Hello folks,

I am hoping that you can help me on my quest and race angst time.

I am new to a rep world and my knowledge in Rolex rep is almost zero. I started coming on RWG an RG couple month a go because fellow watchmaker suggested that this is probably best place to for me. I am a jewelry designer and am working on couple of concepts for my next collection inspired by watch

If you really want the BEST vintage Red model, then you need to buy the Single Red Seadweller from Freddy333. It is expensive but it is the best in that series.

If you want a COMEX Seadweller then you need to buy the one from Deltatahoe. It is the best in that series.

Both of these are one-off copies, with extreme attention to detail.

If you're looking for a Double Red Seadweller then there are several fully modded watches for sale here. Just do a lot of searching.

Remember, you get what you pay for. If you want the best... it's going to be expensive.

and please be sure to get an MBW or better.. the ones on the cartel websites are horribly incorrect and can be spotted as an obvious fake by anyone who knows Rolex's. As Nanuk says, Freddys single red is one of the nicest examples that i have seen .

Well, see what happens when I try to walk and chew gum at the same time? :p

They're right, it is Stephane. Come to think of it, he has a really nice DR SD too....... wonder if it's for sale as well?

Definitely Stephane for the Single Red (my mostly gen double red is not for sale)

tritium232012a1.jpg

nejad - Your quickest option for an assembled red franken would be to buy from Phong or NDtrading. The upside is that you get an assembled Red or Double Red that is as close to the real thing as you are going to get (short of building it yourself). The downside is that commercial franken builders all tend to cut alot of corners & quality suffers. However, you can always buy 1 of these assembled frankens & then have a reliable watchmaker perform a full service to correct all of the problems.

Either way, as Nanuq said, if you want a good Double Red & you want it quick, it will be expensive ($3,000-$4,500).