When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Food Network

RobbieG

Anyone ever land on Food Network and notice its hosts have a lot of nice watches?

-Bobby Flay has a new WG Rhodium Roman Fluted President Day Date and a TT DJ Fluted with Jubilee on older shows

-Emeril has a platinum glacier DD, a full size Rolesium Yachtmaster, and also a SS DJ Fluted with Jubilee

-Tyler Florence has a Big Pilot and a PAM (anybody know what the PAM is), and more I can't think of

I wonder if chefs in general like nice watches or if the network encourages them to wear nice pieces because they look good on film. Probably not, but certainly most host chefs wear nice timepieces. Even Alton Brown always has cool looking stuff on but I can never tell what they are from the filming style of that show. Does anybody know about any other watches on the Food Network?

Anyone ever land on Food Network and notice its hosts have a lot of nice watches?

-Bobby Flay has a new WG Rhodium Roman Fluted President Day Date and a TT DJ Fluted with Jubilee on older shows

-Emeril has a platinum glacier DD, a full size Rolesium Yachtmaster, and also a SS DJ Fluted with Jubilee

-Tyler Florence has a Big Pilot and a PAM (anybody know what the PAM is), and more I can't think of

I wonder if chefs in general like nice watches or if the network encourages them to wear nice pieces because they look good on film. Probably not, but certainly most host chefs wear nice timepieces. Even Alton Brown always has cool looking stuff on but I can never tell what they are from the filming style of that show. Does anybody know about any other watches on the Food Network?

Alton usually wears a GO Senator Navigator.

I actually saw Tyler on his newer show Tylers Ultimate wearing some type of 47 mm PAM ... but not sure which style as they didnt get close enough ,but the whole show I spent waiting for a wrist shot...I have no idea what the hell he cooked though :)

Guy Fieri has a different watch each show , but he started with a TT Sub.

:)

Yeah you all are sparking my memory. I think Tyler has a Fiddy and I know Guy has a orange Doxa as well as the Sub. And I do remember seeing a Sub on Alton now that you mention it. I also think I remember seeing him with either a Breguet Classique or Chronoswiss Kairos - too tough to tell at a distance.

Any more?

How about other hosts on other networks, not just food shows?

If you watch Iron Chef America specifically, all the chefs and hosts seem to be sporting nice stuff.

The other day I saw Bobby Flay on with the above mentioned gold rolex, and Alton had on a Cartier Santos 100. The others I couldn't make out. Alton in particular has quite the stable however. Every episode it's something different.

Andrew Zimmern wears a Seiko orange monster I believe.

I have seen Anthony Bourdain with what apears to be a Tag Heuer.

Emeril origianlly had a TT DJ Jubilee.

Nice to see all of these guys step up to platinum Day Dates. Looks like the chef stardom is paying well these days.

I always liked Guy Fieri as he is the blingiest of all TV chefs.

If you ever watch Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, Guy is always sporting a different watch on each episode. I've seen everything from Breitlings, Omegas, several Rolex models etc. He seems to have thing for watches with a little more bling, no shocker there. also, Alton Brown from Good Eats and many other shows, is an avid watch collector. I looked him up after seeing much eye candy on his wrists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Alton_Brown

"Brown is an avid watch collector, sporting different pieces from Rolex (Sub Date), to IWC and Panerai."

WR

Ahh, cool, I thought he might have been. It always seemed he had great taste in timepiecesSo it seems mister Brown is WIS. I wonder if he has graced our pages ever. He certainly is a smart guy and I enjoy watching him and learning from his show.

I too like Guy. I think he has a great personality and reminds me of somebody I would be friends with. Although we have to step up his watch interest to that of Tyler or Alton...

• 1 month later...

Yes, Brown is the one most difficult to follow.

He wears a variety of nice stuff and we never get a good look at it.

The recipes are much easier to follow.

We are tired of ham at Easter so will be using his prime rib item and wish all a happy Easter!

Carl

I've seen so many different watches on FN. Guy, last I saw his show, now sports a TT Red/Blue GMT. Alton...well, spin the wheel. Paula Hillbilly usually has a diamond Rolex of one type or other. Tyler's Pam. Etc.

To be honest....I really just assumed they were all sponsored product-placements. Especially those with the Breitling Emergencies. I hope Breitling is using a certain amount of discretion in whom they sell those to. (Speaking as a retired Air Traffic Controller, too much time and attention is already being wasted in chasing down false ELT signals without adding these to the pile.)

.....sT

Edited by Simon Templar