When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Titanic from RJ

Limestone

I agree about the titanic thing too,

but forget about that for a minute and look at the fine details, absoloutly amazing

I am unable to "forget" the Titanic aspect as that is the main draw for them in selling these watches. The whole damn line is named "Titanic"! If the fine details are so great they should not need a gimmick like the poorly chosen Titanic steel that is worn around as a gaudy fashion item.

I am unable to "forget" the Titanic aspect as that is the main draw for them in selling these watches. The whole damn line is named "Titanic"! If the fine details are so great they should not need a gimmick like the poorly chosen Titanic steel that is worn around as a gaudy fashion item.

ur probably right,

but it obviously has its fans, its a sick world we live in

but im still impressed with the watch itself, would buy it if had a different name for sure

Morbid as it is, watch companies will always use history in its favour to achieve profit margins.

That said, I have held an RJ piece in flesh. Very heavy watch. If you reckon a Panerai 187 1000m Submersible at 200+ grams to be weighty, an RJ is on par, if not heavier.

What amazes me about RJ is the rubber strap they have on their offerings, very soft and "stretchable" makes it a comfortable strap for those in tropical climate.

Titanic...branding to market in hope of $$$ reaping.

Morbid as it is, watch companies will always use history in its favour to achieve profit margins.

That said, I have held an RJ piece in flesh. Very heavy watch. If you reckon a Panerai 187 1000m Submersible at 200+ grams to be weighty, an RJ is on par, if not heavier.

What amazes me about RJ is the rubber strap they have on their offerings, very soft and "stretchable" makes it a comfortable strap for those in tropical climate.

Titanic...branding to market in hope of $$$ reaping.

I don't mind history being used to sell watches. I don't have a problem with Panerai selling watches based on their history of being used by the Italian military, don't have a problem with Omega selling a watch because it was worn on the moon landing, I don't even have a problem with Tag Heuer using a movie icon who has passed on (Steve McQueen) to sell the Monaco. I do have a problem when the company uses materials from a historical event that killed so many, materials that should be left in place as a memory of the accident. Instead we get this garish watch that I am sure everyone who owns about will brag where the metal came from. It used to be you would buy a gold Rolex to show off, now you can buy metal from a boat that killed people. I can see it now:

Kim - "Wow Paris, that watch is like totally awesome"

Paris - "I know right, it is totally Titanic metal, this watch is made of part of a boat that killed people"

Kim "Awesome"

Paris - "I know, it's hot!"

Thanks but no thanks. I would buy a watch made from RJ's casket however.

I don't find it any more morbid than people buying war collectibles...in particular weapons...in fact...the Titanic series IMHO is significantly less creepy than that. The fervor by which people buy Nazi items is freaky...and this is by people who aren't even remote sympathizers (at least I hope not!!).

I don't find it any more morbid than people buying war collectibles...in particular weapons...in fact...the Titanic series IMHO is significantly less creepy than that. The fervor by which people buy Nazi items is freaky...and this is by people who aren't even remote sympathizers (at least I hope not!!).

Those items have not been reproduced into a (grossly overpriced) luxury item, they are simply items in history. I find a difference there.

blasphemy!!!!

:p

Blasphemy :

Is the disrespectful use of the name of one or more gods. It may include using sacred names as stress expletives without intention to pray or speak of sacred matters; it is also sometimes defined as language expressing disapproved beliefs, or disbelief.

OR

Blasphemy

Is a Black-Metal band from Canada. Founded 1984 in Burnaby.