When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Do You Guys Think Of The New Breitling Nav World

ck986

Nice for a first edition I think. Maybe this is the first replica to have both GMT-hand and chronograph.

However, The first thing that struck me was that it has a cheap-looking applied Breitling-logo.. far from the genuine. Date window is better than in the recent Navitimer, but still off. For some reason the bracelet on the Navitimer World rep seems to be of a cheaper type than on the good Navitimer- reps?

But overall a nice watch, and a replica I have been waiting for.. :) I just want the creme-colored version.

Nice for a first edition I think. Maybe this is the first replica to have both GMT-hand and chronograph.

However, The first thing that struck me was that it has a cheap-looking applied Breitling-logo.. far from the genuine. Date window is better than in the recent Navitimer, but still off. For some reason the bracelet on the Navitimer World rep seems to be of a cheaper type than on the good Navitimer- reps?

But overall a nice watch, and a replica I have been waiting for.. :) I just want the creme-colored version.

The Breitling logo is something to give it away.......wrong colour and cheap looking.

My only probs with this watch was that the ticks on the bezel don't go all the way to the bottom. This leaves a noticeable gap between the dial. Also, the very bad logo on the dial screams fake. Hopefully the two issues will be corrected on future versions, cause for a first issue this is a very nice watch. I've been hunting for an oversized Navi for a long time!

Demsey posted some useful comments, in another place. (There's a first time for everything)

Here's what he said. If he's wrong, please let me know so that I can gloat a lot.

Yes, that's a nice watch. Not really sure who our resident Breit guy is tho'. I know Scott prefers them.

Only red flag here is what version "blank" of the 7750 is used? The cost is reasonable, perhaps too reasonable to expect the latest version of the improved 7750b1 that The Zigmeister reviewed recently, now in a GMT mod? Maybe a talking point to bring up with Andrew.

Taking into consideration the Breit subdial layout (running seconds at nine) 90 degrees clockwise to the 116520 Daytona layout (running seconds at six) this movement in under the same duress as a new 116520 complications. On top of that a GMT function. More work for the movement. The Zigmeister stated in the review that in order to squeeze all available power from the movement certain lubrication points were strategically overlooked. It seems the oil film, although designed to protect pivot points in a long run of the basic movement design, created drag on the numerous and too many transfer gears to make this layout possible.

This stuff is for stern personal constitutions. And deep pockets.

Who will knock this pompous clown off his perch for me?

The seconds at 9 configuration is the default for the 7750... note every Super Avenger, 6-9-12 Navitimer, and IWC GST... Hell, every PAM! The only thing that changes on a PAM is moving the 30 min register from 12 to 3.

The movement is thus in its native form with a GMT complication.

I don't know if this stresses it as much as the Daytona extra gears but I certainly doubt it, considering the real 7750 has a GMT added to it for this model...