When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Ceramic TG.. Wrist Shots

lanikai

I thought I would post a variety of straps so you can view what the potential is for this Replication .. I was so frustrated by what I thought was the factories sloppy methods (dust on the dial) that I could not take any decent pics for the pictorial.. well, I believe I discovered where the "dust" came from and I believe it happened after the watch was assembled and closed .. view my explanation in the pictorial thread..

so a somewhat cleaner dial and some wrist shots for your viewing pleasure B)

thanks in advance for viewing..

Lani

In direct sunlight you can view the dials texture much better ! and relatively free of "dust now.. :) the specs you see around the 7 appeared about 20 minutes after I assembled the dial/movement back in the case.. it's the Lume dust B) it cannot be seen with the naked eye though.

iwcceramic033.jpg

This is the rep strap that comes with the rep.. Dani pointed out the large gap from the strap to the case.. this is a result of the strap not the lug holes

iwcceramic035.jpg

iwcceramic032.jpg

You can keep spare change in the space... :rolleyes:

iwcceramic037.jpg

This is the strap from the PVD V1 version.. notice the gap is closed a little.. this strap is actually a little better as far as feel..

iwcceramic050.jpg

V1 Strap.. this watch will "appear big" due to the size of the dial/crystal and thin case sides in relationship to the dial/crystal..IMO

iwcceramic051.jpg

Traditional Pilots Strap..

iwcceramic046.jpg

iwcceramic047.jpg

And finally my Fav.. the Zulu,.. Theo brought up that he has already ordered the 6 ring pvd Zulu .. that will be by far the best strap ..IMO .. can't wait to see that one Theo !!

iwcceramic041.jpg

A little stiff.. it's new .. it is snug , although it does not look like it is..

iwcceramic042.jpg

iwcceramic043.jpg

iwcceramic044w.jpg

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

nice shots

and an amazing watch, gona order mine very soon

the space is big bteween the strap and the watch, but its no biggy cuz the watch is huge, unless someone with a skinny wrist wears it, now that would be funny

cheers!

Thank you.. please READ .. the reason for the gap.. it's not the lug holes !! .. anyway.. please read.. thanks

Thank you.. please READ .. the reason for the gap.. it's not the lug holes !! .. anyway.. please read.. thanks

i DID read it lani :)

the Zulu does make a difference and looks better than the strap it came with,

but in my personal opinion, i dont think that this watch should be worn that thin strap,

its like The Hulk driving a mini cooper!

like i said, my personal opinion :pardon:

Ill try score some gen straps at my ad then ill order this :)

Looks great L-

Cheers

Yup,, Thank You.. Dani.. for pointing the gap out !!.. I posted the buffalo pilot strap to illustrate more the proper hole in the strap.. as Aaron's specs are spot on !!

F*ZZ Posted Today, 03:51 PM

i DID read it lani

the Zulu does make a difference and looks better than the strap it came with,

but in my personal opinion, i dont think that this watch should be worn that thin strap,

its like The Hulk driving a mini cooper!

like i said, my personal opinion

OK.. ma bad.. sorry :D .. I better go eat.. getting knarly.. :angry:

Dear Lanikai Bro:

Thx so much for your wrist-shot photos! It's really give us a different idea on choosing our favourite strap on TG!

May I ask whether TG lug-width is 21mm/18mm same as 3717? I've many different kind of strap of this size. If they're the same; then I can use the Kelvar-strap came from Watchboy Kurt which I bought before. Also; can you clarify the rep Date-Day are align & Josh mentioned same fonts as Gen refer to "11". But I'm curious why he haven't take a shot on day "11" if it's a characteristic of this model.......Last; Is it the crown is "hidden thread" like Gen?

I didn't post so much as old time these few months. It's because I'm focus on my MBA study; It "ate" all my time......painful..lifeless. :( Also; after I bought my Gen GMTIIC. My budget on watch had been limited..But this few month I stills bought Zenith Chronomaster & New BLK 116520 Daytona. Once I received my TG; I'll take some photos & post them.

See you around! Keep up your good work!

Wear your TG in good health!

Yours faithfully,

Raymond

Very nice wristshots Lani! You really got to stop the reviews for a while bro! :D

They always make me want to buy one! I have been able to resist your last few reviews like on the UN and Bell and Ross but I think I am going to get this.

Awesome watch!

Thank you Ray, Theo and Mwee !!

gotta condense this .. running out the door..

the Zulu in the pics is a 20 mm it works the lug size is 21 mm but there is no telling with the 20 mm zulu

Theo .. what strap ??? enquiring minds wnt to know ??? :D

And Ray, Good Luck with your studies, post when you can ma man... alway's a joy to see you !! As a Valuable member of RWG.. I always enjoy reading your posts !!! B)

Aloha

L

Lanikai,

I am also planning to get this watch + the zulu strap. Which size should I get? 20mm or 22mm? Please advice.

cheers,

B

the Lug width on the Ceramic is 21 mm as most of the IWC Pilots are.. if not all of them, however the 20mm Zuly strap I have in the pic fits perfectly.. I was told 22 does is not made.. maybe it is availble in EU.. dunno,... but there is absolutely do gap with the 20 mm .. I remeasured the strap last night to be sure, and it is 20 mm

Giving credit where it is due ~ Theo posted in the pictorial that he has his Zulu Strap on it's way.. and it is a thicker 6 ring (I beleive) .. that is why I mentioned him in this thread... too many times IMO.. others try and take credit for someone elses work... I just had ordered the standard Zulu for this model..

I like the Zulu over the Nato.. thicker and the rings secure the band much better IMO..

AmStaFF Posted Today, 06:35 AM

nice shots lani

i love the traditional pilots strap combo

thank you !

Yes, it is traditional AmS. .. I think an all black stiching would go nicely.. perhaps a distressed buffalo

edit add: @add .. you will not be dissapointed.. may as well order a Zulu Strap while your at it.. Theo has the 6 ring .. there are 5 ring black Zulu's on ebay now.. coming out of New York .. under 20 usd.. that's with shipping.. he also has 24 mm that I ordered for other watches.. may use the 24 on my BR PVD

here is the link for the straps.. the price must have gone up,.. swear I payed under 20 usd.. not much more though.. it's worth it

http://www.google.com/products?sourceid=na...=1&ct=title

Cheers

edit add; .. again I stand corrected there are 22 mm straps.. but I have a 20mm and it is perfect..

Lani... the effort you put in to your reviews are amazing.

I mean changing 4 straps just to show the board how they look on the watch.

As many before me already said...

You alone make me wanna by every watch you review.

Man , you should get commissions from the dealers (maybe you alreaddy do ;) )

Thanks

//H

Lani... the effort you put in to your reviews are amazing.

I mean changing 4 straps just to show the board how they look on the watch.

As many before me already said...

You alone make me wanna by every watch you review.

Man , you should get commissions from the dealers (maybe you alreaddy do ;) )

Thanks

//H

:lol:

Like many other members I do this as a passion for our hobby and community .. if I had to make a living doing this it probably would not be as enjoyable.

But I try and involve as many members as possible for brands that I know they are very knowledgeable in. and in the case of the Ceramic Pilot.. Dani and

Theo threw in .. so giving the props to them for their contributions to the community !

And Chad posted his Ceramic first, which gave us all a peek at what the ceramic case looked like .. from a members viewpoint !!

thank you for your gracious words.. B)

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Great pictures as always, it looks a lot better now it has been nicely cleaned up ^_^

In that first picture, you can kind of see the top of the number 5 hemorrhaging some lume? Or it could be a trick of the light?

Cheers! B)

"hemorrhaging"... :yuk:

hehe .... no, that's the reflection of the sun.. :lol:

WHOW!!! That's a good looking watch, Lanikai and some great photos!

Thanx for sharing :)

thanx YM.. and good to see you !! the watch will be "down" for a spell.. the xtal is going to make the trip across the Pacific to our AR magician :)

82KUBA Posted Today, 12:40 PM

Lanikai,

these pics made me sell two watches to buy this one .... plus i made alil extra to order a gen strap with it lol ... thanks for the motivation lol

Can't wait to see your pics.. gotta post it with the ganuine strap Kuba !!!

Aloha

L