When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rollie Thefts

kdx_time

Its been well over a month since I've been expecting an ETA noob to arrive "Express" via Deutsch Post. Nothing. Not even a customs note. All tracking says it that it was scanned in the US and the trail becomes cold there.

The thing is...I don't think its inherently Deutsch Post. I've had a Rollie rep stolen via USPS before.... Two sub homages (one Invicta, the other a Debaufre or something) were swiped. One was actually recovered as it was on camera as it was being stolen, no doubt by someone who had access to the X-ray machine and knew what was inside (or what they thought was in there).

Has this ever happened to anyone? I just have BAD LUCK when it comes to Submariners and the US Mail. I suppose it didn't help that the Noob from Germany had rep papers....that probably really made the Customs bastards DROOL. :( I wonder if I will ever see my WM9 v2 now....

There are a lot of people that come down on "CONUS only" or "EU only" sellers, but after this experience I can kind of see where they are coming from. I have never been one to limit my sales or purchase to US only but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :angry:

I lost 2 orders in the mail, sending them back for exchange to China. After getting my exchanged watches back from the dealer, both times the orders showed back up at my house marked as undeliverable. Both times the dealer told me he received the watches. Seems kinda odd.

The only packages I've ever had gone through were from within the USA. UPS is VERY nosey. One time I ordered a backup device for a console and the guy who delivered it talked to my dad (I was in high school at the time) at his business about the legality of the things a day before he delivered it. It was unopened. The second time they got nosey was when I ordered some trim for my car which were two long pieces of stainless steel, I'd say about 4-5 feet long. They opened the tube and inspected it and put it back in. Why would they need to open something like that? Weird.

A backup device for a console???? Like a game system? Those aren't legal?????? Lol I hate the US mail system you can't trust anyone... I used to be a big freebies junkie (like online signups and what not ) about 85% of the freebies I signed up for were swiped before they arrived to me... I hate the postal service....

I used to be a big freebies junkie (like online signups and what not ) about 85% of the freebies I signed up for were swiped before they arrived to me... I hate the postal service....

What makes you think they were ever sent? The whole point of "freebies" is to get your name and address to send you junk mail- NOT to give you free stuff.