When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Skyland

andreww

Just picked this up today. Its dark, so a couple of quickies will have to do for now. Kind of hard to capture the blue dial in artificial light, but all I can say is wow! Been walking in to walls all day because I can't take my eyes off my friggin wrist :p

img_4149403.jpg

img_4150645.jpg

img_4152277.jpg

Congrats man!

Skyland is definitely an impressive watch/rep. I probably would have jumped to the wagon too, but I feel the design is a lot SFSO-like. And since I already have that, I ended up buying another super rep, Ebel Discovery, instead.

And those polished Breitling bracelets... hmm... I could probably get used to them but damn they're "pimpy". :D

I'll hazard a guess that you're going to put this on a strap, right?

Sounds good. You have once watch more than me.

However I thinking about trading my classic ETA Bond Seamaster and getting the gen (when I find a good deal).

I'll have to disagree with By-Tor as I feel it's better than the SOSF, and has a totally different feel.

I'm talking about the case and bezel shape + bracelet style (save the brushing/polishing). In that regard it's very much SFSO-like, imho. Or then my eyes are deceiving me.

I dunno which is better. I talked with Dave123 (the official Breitling ambassador)... he's in the opinion that Swiss SFSO is more accurate. But I don't know, I'm not enough of a Breitling expert to say. All I know that Skyland looks really accurate to the gen, when I compare the pics.

I should probably put it on my wrist to decide whether or not I like all that polished steel. But you know, that's always expensive. :D

3-4 years ago I would have bought this rep immediately. Now I have become a bit selective (unlike back in 2005, now there are WAY too many nice reps to choose from).

Honest to god, it wasn't on my wrist for 10 minutes before I had a compliment on it!

It's true. The polished steel adds some bling, but the stencil letters make it more sporty...a good balance I find.

That's a nice sounding collection you have. I'm thinking I should get another Breitling.

I'm talking about the case and bezel shape + bracelet style (save the brushing/polishing). In that regard it's very much SFSO-like, imho. Or then my eyes are deceiving me.

I dunno which is better. I talked with Dave123 (the official Breitling ambassador)... he's in the opinion that Swiss SFSO is more accurate. But I don't know, I'm not enough of a Breitling expert to say. All I know that Skyland looks really accurate to the gen, when I compare the pics.

I should probably put it on my wrist to decide whether or not I like all that polished steel. But you know, that's always expensive. :D

3-4 years ago I would have bought this rep immediately. Now I have become a bit selective (unlike back in 2005, now there are WAY too many nice reps to choose from).

I'm going to have to disagree with Dave on this one as well. The SFSO suffered from sloppy lume as well, only it is more evident because of the size of the markers. The circular pattern on the dial is not as defined as the gen, the rider tabs are flat (should be rounded) and the pearl is slightly off as well. In my opinion the Skyland is a notch or two more accurate. As far as the difference in look and feel, these are two completely different watches. The SFSO with its refined crown, partially brushed case, and thinner case is more casual. The Skyland, with its knurled crown, extra deep face, super extra thick case, and 99% polished exterior is just an "in your face" kind of watch. Definitely room for both in the collection.

Ahh, I see what you mean. Ya, it's a lot like the Bond SMP and the Bond SMP Chrono. But at least with the Skyland, you have a totally different dial, crown and finish on the case and bracelet.

I suppose it's a matter of personal opinion as to which is more accurate (and they are both so close to the gen that it's really nit-picking). I'm of the opinion that the Skyland is closer to it's genuine counterpart than the SOSF. I love my fishy, but the misaligned bezel and the shoddy lume application on it are more easily noticed than any lume issues with the Skyland. And the bracelet on the Skyland has a MUCH better feel to it, thanks in large part to the polished finish (which removes all the sharp edges).

The Skyland is surprisingly cheap compared to the SOSF. I say pick one up and give it a shot! I doubt you'd have much trouble selling it if it wasn't your cup of tea?

The 'swiss' SFSO has the same movement as the gen,how can ya top that... :p

For the most part the lume dots are the issue i have,even if they are not bad like Andrews here,most are not like that and still don't look like they do on the gen,such a stand out flaw to me,but its just my opinion,its a good rep and looks better than a Fish,Breitlings need bling!... B)