When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White Dial Explorer II with Black Indices

nakortheblue

The rep itself isn't utterly terrible, it's just bad... but the crown guards and that huge Submariner crown are just laughable. How can the idiots use the Sub cg's and install a triplock crown on a Explorer II? Because they use the same case for their Sub, it's "cost effective" this way. That's why.

That means = typical cheapie junky.

I agree, the dial isn't all that bad, but the seconds markers are way too long.

What Freddy suggested makes sense. The Noob dial itself is excellent. The only problem are those markers. The hands are correct black on the Noob.

Darn, B-T! You sent me scrambling to the bay to check out dials. Timeholder has a gen dial for $279, buy it now.

Then I looked at Watch-Navi

http://cgi.ebay.com/1985-Rolex-Explorer-II...1QQcmdZViewItem

This old cream dial has silver surrounds- of course, I realize it's old- so's the tritium- nice and yellow.

I couldn't get anywhere on WatchEdens site today, slow, slow ...., now it's down. $108 for the watch, was it and $20 off w/ the promotion.

But you're right, the seconds are a little too long- but if the marker surrounds are black...

I couldn't get anywhere on WatchEdens site today, slow, slow ...., now it's down. $108 for the watch, was it and $20 off w/ the promotion. But you're right, the seconds are a little too long- but if the marker surrounds are black...

Yeah, the dial isn't all that bad really. Not great, but at least it's better than having those stupid grey markers.

But are you sure that dial is going to fit the Noob case?

Check this article. There are the correct dimensions of the dial, and all the info you need. Gen dials won't fit the newer Noob cases.

Yep, I know all about the old and newer cases, and I wasn't expecting the gen dial to fit, just remarking how it is cool to happen upon one. Kinda like the old GMT Masters- so close, but we can't make them work in the rep cases.

But look at markers surrounds on the early Exp II dial- silver....