When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RobbieG...What the !@#% Are you Doing Here?

Toadtorrent

Word. Holla. UN gangstas in the house YO...:pimp:

un.jpg

:peace:

Robbie,.. I had to run outta Kailua this morning and was wanting to add more.. anyway.

great conversation yesterday.. I actually pulled over on the Pali so I wouldn't hit the "dead cell zone", priorities.. B)

since Oahu is a 'Rock",.. I'm both not surprised .... but excited when we found out our "History" involved the same "crews" and characters... it brought back a lotta wild crazy memories .. fo sure .. good times !!

I'll take some pics of your old stomping grounds and what has replaced them,.. maybe even the "Ol Samoan" aquaintance that is still passing out the vouchers in Waikiki :rolleyes:

Man you wouldn't believe what Lewers St. looks like now.. they "beautified" it .. what used to be the Street of Sin .. is now a ultra nice tourist walk..

anyway .. once the weather clears I'll go in back of the Power Plant and assorted places and snap some images so you can narrate your "begginings"

Aloha brah !!

R

Right on brah. Mahalo. It has been great reconnecting with my home. What a small world to know we actaully pretty much knew each other and didn't know it. How many times I might have shook hands or thrown chaka or whatever at BO or SB or somewhere out with BM or Sole' Shay or whoever. Howz that?

Right on brah. Mahalo. It has been great reconnecting with my home. What a small world to know we actaully pretty much knew each other and didn't know it. How many times I might have shook hands or thrown chaka or whatever at BO or SB or somewhere out with BM or Sole' Shay or whoever. Howz that?

Well,.. you may have known me by my "nickname".. that Rocky Johnson christened me with .. Andy S. .. Rocky J. ... in fact Bob M. worked at the BO too.. remember.. in his white tux.. "Hollywood" // and Ben Dowling at the door.. Pro big wave surfer..

but if you 'did' some of Shay's.. (not the Sole) but Miss socialite's friends .. did I get seconds or did you? or was it happening at the same time.. :o .. well, ma vital parts are still intact.. so I guess your safe too !! B)

but ya gotta remember .."Raya" from BO.. or "Trish".. ? no... don't tell me you too... :brow:

R

Trish? Oh noooo, not another one. I don't know who was first man. I can't even go there. All I know is I passed the 80's via blood tests with flying colors. I was scared for a while there though. It was mayhem with the chicks those days. Life was good.

:o

I don't know what was scarier.. having all the women come in and sit at my bar the same night.. that was a "NIGHTMARE".. all I told the girls to do was keep my head in the "ice" and don't stop me pouring until I could figure out what to do.. no chit ... I was a wreck.. good thing we were play-azzz before things got too ripe... and don't tell me ... Diamond Head Health clinic ... cause it was free... I know you had a frequent flier card there too... :p

anyway.. I gotta call Andy .. he's in Vegas now.. and let him Know Robbie is alive and well.. B)

Hahaha, yeah that is the place I went to! I called it getting my "Get out of the 80's free card". Man this is great you are bringing up all these places and memories. I don't know how I can ever repay you.

PS: You might have to try add a snapshot of the clinic as well!

Hahaha, yeah that is the place I went to! I called it getting my "Get out of the 80's free card". Man this is great you are bringing up all these places and memories. I don't know how I can ever repay you.

PS: You might have to try add a snapshot of the clinic as well!

Just for U Cousin.. or "Cuz" ... I'll make a project of it.. from Waikiki to Aloha Tower .. Leahi Hospital is right up the hill from my house B) I'll do a mini documentary in pics .. "the Life and Times of RobbieG, how the legend started, and survived" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

repay me :mellow: ??? ... this is great.. I'm reliving the "Glory Years" too !!!!!!!... :lol:

Thanks man. Don't forget the ole stomping grounds - Sandy's, Hawaii Kai - Koko Head Shopping Center where I lived just across from the high school, Portlock point surfing (the secret spot), the old World's spot, maybe even Waianae if you are ever out that side - I lived in Makaha and North Shore of course - all the old spots if you get up there. Man this is gonna be fun - Powerstation, Platinum's, Wave, The Bird, The Cellar. Man you are bringing up all these thoughts. Selling tickets on Lewars on the corner the center of the Universe of the North West side of Waiks. So may spots...

Thanks man. Don't forget the ole stomping grounds - Sandy's, Hawaii Kai - Koko Head Shopping Center where I lived just across from the high school, Portlock point surfing (the secret spot), the old World's spot, maybe even Waianae if you are ever out that side - I lived in Makaha and North Shore of course - all the old spots if you get up there. Man this is gonna be fun - Powerstation, Platinum's, Wave, The Bird, The Cellar. Man you are bringing up all these thoughts. Selling tickets on Lewars on the corner the center of the Universe of the North West side of Waiks. So may spots...

Sandy's .. still pumpin

Koko Head shopping ctr .. you would not recognize it .. your condo across Kaiser..

Portlock .. no one dives off the cliff anymore.. and the "spot" hardly surfed .. only our generation was crazy enough to surf a wave that headed towards a cliff, and you had to kick out at the last second.

Old Worlds gym .. now a union hall .. how ironic.

Waianae .. Kapolei popped up.. second city.. all the state agencies .. the newspaper plant .. and Koolina (where the Pro Bowlers stay) .. Kapolei football has overtaken Waianae .. (used to be there community) .. tons of D1 blue chip prospects .. mostly linemen..

Power Station .. Aloha Tower Market Place.. big development .. "Atlantis" .. tourist Submarine is docked along with the number one dinner cruise.. a high tech catamaran run by dozens of computers.. smooth ride in Hawaii's waters

I'll get some shots of Lewers St. fo sure .. it's all dressed up and fancy now .. not like back in the day.. where babes were running in and out of Red Lions Taverns

The Wave was broken down.. :( that's where our crew used to party too !! high rise condo is being built there now as I type this.

Hula's .. relocated .. to the end of Waiks .. by the Zoo.. the hottest babes .. go to Gay bars.. :rolleyes:

ahhhh .. the "Bird" .. ok stop already.. and next Wednesday .. I'll start the pics of the spots..

B)

-So the young punks don't dare surf Portlock? It aint that tough unless it gets real big but then it closes out anyway. It is perfect at 3-5 though.

-And Hula's moved. Bob Magoon still alive? The original rich queen. But he owned that whole block and all those restaurants - Hamburger Mary's, Hernando's Hideway (bada*s chicken chimichangas remember?). I would have figured he would be there for ever. Nice old guy though. But man, that place was like the Birdcage walking by huh? They never bothered anyone but that whole block with the mahus working the streets too. Culture shock. It was always funny to be walking by and you would always see some tourist girls checking it out or thinking of having dinner or lunch at Mary's and then get all embarassed when they realized it was a gay restaurant. Then they realized the whole block was gay. Right in the middle of Waiks too.

-We all coexisted. When I lived in town, I lived a block up from there and walked past everyday to go open up the "office" at the Powerstation. Then wait for the staff to show, then hit the beach at the low key unofficial ticket selling headquarters - hanging on the beached outriggers and surf gear in front of Davy Jones Locker. With permission from Biggy of course who allowed me to be there - earned - RESPECT brah, which a lot of people on here I can think of could use to learn some of. You know what I mean too. For a Haole guy like me to have permission to operate out of THAT spot from The Beach Boyz was a really big deal in those days. You have to earn a lot of respect to be there, and I did man.

-Funny story - one of legend at the time. It was so big at the time you may have even heard of it. One night Biggy was drunk out of his mind and decided he was mad at me for no reason. He was just glazed. Had no idea where he was and I could tell. Sometimes with the real pure blodded Hawaiians liquor is like poison or something. Saw that alot - weird.

Anyway, so I'm signing up these 4 chicks right in front of International and he comes up behind me and grabs me by the fat on the back of my arm and pulls me into his chest holding me tight. He was just kidding and messing with me at first and I'm going, Biggy let me go brah you are hurting me. I mean the guy is 6'4", 320 and I'm 5'8" 140 and he is just mauling me. So it escalates and he just starts going crazy saying he is going to hold me forever and then starts insulting me telling me I don't belong and I am not allowed on his beach anymore cause he doesn't like me anymore and everything.

By this point the girls are freaking and I'm trying to keep them from leaving because they are hot and I want them at my party and Biggy won't let go and there is now a crowd of a hundred tourists all gathered around and Big has taken over the whole sidewalk just holding my arm which is now numb from the pain. He is walking me around stuck to his chest like I'm stapled there like a rag doll. So like 10 minutes goes by, or maybe less - seemed like it though and cops start showing up until there are like 5 trikes and 2 cars and the whole intersection on Kala is closed - literally. Biggy has me in the street now. Hammered out if his mind even more now and babbling about how I'm barred from the beach for life and all. The cops kept asking him to let me go and he wouldn't and they actually started to draw down on him. And that made him even more mad. Like some freak of nature his girl shows up out of nowhere and tells him Big, that's Robbie let him go and in an instant he does. The cops all pile on him right away and cuff him. My arm is just shredded. Just this huge red mess with all bleeding inside and all.

So one cop starts filling out paperwork and asks me to sign the complaint to press charges and I wouldn't do it. They were shocked and [censored] and I wouldn't give in. They were like, this guy just assaulted you. I said I didn't care cause he was my friend and drunk and I wasn't gonna do it. They had to let him go. The next day he brought me a case of beer and apologized to no end. He was crushed. Just so embarassed. I drank the case with him and my guys right there at the spot like it never happened. From then on he had my back even more. Once some Fasi gang kids pulled knives on me and my partner on the beach and tried to jack us up. Biggy and da boys came out of nowhere and cracked two of their heads together like they were ragdolls, winked and kept on strolling. That is how it was in the day. We all respected each other and had each others backs no matter what. That is what I mean when I say earned respect. It means you have to roll with some toughness now and then but in the end you side with the homeboy not the cops cause you got a hurt arm. Nuf said...

-Oh and I didn't live in those condos across Kaisers - a girl I dated did though. I lived back in the valley on Aipo Street when I lived Hawaii Kai side.

-Moose McGillicuddy's still there? And what about that cool Mexican themed bar that had those great Margies and Coronas specials right across the street on Lewars - kind of caddy corner - on the North side of Kala and Lewars before Kuhio?