When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tim Geithner - Pot, meet Kettle

Fidestro

This entire adminstration is 'teflon'. There is no way on Earth the first Black President of the United States is going to 'fail'. No matter what. I actually have some faith in Geithner. To do his job, which does not include tax advise :) But his skill level is below the tools he's been given to work with thus far to make great art, so.....................

The best line to come out of this afternoon's testimony; When Congressman Devin Nunes of Cali tried to corner him with the end of the '09 fiscal year national Debt of 6+ Trillion, then heaping on that the 3.75 Trillion 'Stimulus' a.k.a 'Spending' Bill, while talking about a responsible Budget? Hmmmm.

Anyhoo, Geithner took the cue from his boss;

"You have to take into account the 'inherited' financial disaster coming out of the last eight years at the hands of the last administration"

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nunes; "No, you have to take into account the last 233 years"

Brilliant.

Yeah, let's spend and tax our way out of this. The "European" model is fab.

Speaking of which, PM Gordon Brown is due @ 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. today. Brits, what's the take on your PM? Any good? I could Google him myself, but not being British my take would be sh*te surely.

At a press conference in UK this morning on Bloomberg television a British journalist asked Brown;

"Prime Minister, are you going to tell the Americans what you've been telling us for the past eighteen months with regard to the European Economy? That, it is, as you say, 'All their fault' ? :p

lmao

Unfortunately, when PM Brown gets here he won't find things any brighter for President Obama's briefing and won't have W. or PM Blair nearby to kick. He's between the proverbial "........rock and the hard place". I mean, the British, you all approve of Obama right? How is he going to 'pass the pound', as it were, now?

Politicians. Where's Winston when you need him? Not to govern, just to comment. This arena in rife for a few Churchillisms. Oh the realism he could bring.

Edited by Demsey

I really enjoy the "inherited" part, because they also inherited the ability to write a stimulus package and spend large sums of money due to Bush. When you have a "conservative" creating the first stimulus package and spending like a madman, the liberals got all wide eyed and foamed at the mouth.

I really enjoy the "inherited" part, because they also inherited the ability to write a stimulus package and spend large sums of money due to Bush. When you have a "conservative" creating the first stimulus package and spending like a madman, the liberals got all wide eyed and foamed at the mouth.

Excellent point.

It is my firm belief that we could take a random sample of any 500 members of this board, replace the entire USA Congress, and the nation would have better leadership and planning ability.

Except for Miss Understood. :ph34r:

It is my firm belief that we could take a random sample of any 500 members of this board, replace the entire USA Congress, and the nation would have better leadership and planning ability.

Add Jetmid to the "except" list.

I was thinking the exact same thing today. But, I took it a step further. I'm sure I could assemble an entire pluralist Cabinet that would rock the entire planet. Shoot, Thomas has more executive experience than O. We could make him CIC. The guy could use the rest.

As a matter of fact, I know a guy here, in this thread by coincidence, who would make a kick-ass Secretary of the Interior who is not shy of leadership skilz. (We need an Eagle Scoutmaster emoticon. Could we get one of those? 'offshore' found a Martini one, I think we should have an Eagle Scoutmaster one). :p

Tomorrow, maybe, I'm going to start a poll with regard. It might start good political discussion and debate. Then, RWG may finally have a true 'political thread'. You know what separates a true political discussion from partisan reparations and contradiction? The mention of any person who does now, or ever did hold public office. All posts would start with; "This is what I would do.................." Then you'd have a true political discussion.

By and large, liberal elitists such as many of those now occupying the highest positions in our Federal government, believe that paying taxes is only for the little people.

lol, I remember when Leona Helsmley said that. Then she did nineteen months in prison, two under house arrest, of a 16 year sentence for tax evasion. Her only real crime? She wasn't attached to a major political party's upper echelon. Oh, and she was a Martha Stewart type beatch.

Considering this and Geithner though, I wonder why they ultimately gave Daschle a pass? It certainly wasn't because he was a tax dodger. Hmmmm. Probably had his own agenda outside the President's [sic] men. That won't do.

I'm sure I could assemble an entire pluralist Cabinet that would rock the entire planet.

I'll take SoS for the Arts! Free LPs and Strats for all!

On the subject of Mr. Brown - he will cuddle up quite close to Obama in a vain attempt to restore some credibility amongst the UK electorate but it won't work.

He's a dead duck with dead duck policies. All quack and no egg. What we are all missing quite badly is the existance of true political and financial visionaries. I can't believe that, with the right people in place a few years ago, we couldn't have headed some of this trouble off at the pass.

On Barrack Obama, I think the Brits are generally delighted at America's choice this time, however as anyone will know, using thespian parlance, a few missed cues and fluffed lines and today's Gielgud can very quickly become tomorrow's Lundgren.

Anyways, I'm with the Dutch govt of the 1670's - let's turn the sand of our coastline into gold via alchemy. problem solved :D

I'll take SoS for the Arts! Free LPs and Strats for all!

Brilliant! Who would have time for warring whilst working on 'riffs' ? Kept me out of trouble week-ends that's for d*mn sure!

He's a dead duck with dead duck policies. All quack and no egg. What we are all missing quite badly is the existance of true political and financial visionaries. I can't believe that, with the right people in place a few years ago, we couldn't have headed some of this trouble off at the pass.

Hmmmm, didn't know Brown was already wallowing. Agree with the last sentence here, the frustrating thing is there were some loud bell ringers that were wholly ignored here, especially with regard to policing our own market economy (Wall Street) outside the incompetent Securities and Exchange Commission. 'Bernie Madoff' was outed in 1999 as a crook. He was given a pass. The man will soon be jailed. Good. Those responsible for giving him free reign should be mopped up too.

On Barrack Obama, I think the Brits are generally delighted at America's choice this time, however as anyone will know, using thespian parlance, a few missed cues and fluffed lines and today's Gielgud can very quickly become tomorrow's Lundgren.

What was it Lennon wrote about Paul? Oh yes;

"A pretty face may last a year or two, but pretty soon they'll know what you can do.................."

I'm at a loss now, but like the rest of the apolitical clay I just know what BS they feed me. Obama may be a 'saviour', I just haven't seen the light yet...........................lol, coincidentally my dear Mother-in-Law in Surrey sent me this FW: email yesterday;

Official Notice

Due to recent budget cuts, bailouts, stimulus spending, and the rising cost

of electricity, gas, and oil, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been

turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

:)

Yes you have to hand it to the Dutch. Visionaries. I think they repealed the marijuana laws that same afternoon in 1670. Talk about evening up the social disparity; doesn't matter how rich or how poor; 'Stoned is Stoned'.

lol, I remember when Leona Helsmley said that. Then she did nineteen months in prison, two under house arrest, of a 16 year sentence for tax evasion. Her only real crime? She wasn't attached to a major political party's upper echelon. Oh, and she was a Martha Stewart type beatch.

Considering this and Geithner though, I wonder why they ultimately gave Daschle a pass? It certainly wasn't because he was a tax dodger. Hmmmm. Probably had his own agenda outside the President's [sic] men. That won't do.

0bama has now nominated a total of 5 tax dodgers. Count 'em.... FIVE! So let's think for just a minute now exactly how this would have been handled by the media if that other guy, McCain, was the one in the white house making these picks. Do you think for one second that he'd be getting a complete and total pass from the media on the nominations of all these crooks?? It's unreal.

quote name='Nanuq' date='Mar 3 2009, 04:36 PM' post='623974']

Can I get an Amen

0bama has now nominated a total of 5 tax dodgers. Count 'em.... FIVE! So let's think for just a minute now exactly how this would have been handled by the media if that other guy, McCain, was the one in the white house making these picks. Do you think for one second that he'd be getting a complete and total pass from the media on the nominations of all these crooks?? It's unreal.

Agreed!

You think it's time for a Tax Code revamp? Even the Politico's are having a hard time doing their taxes :)