When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom Making Best SMP

Omega007

You can read the review of my old Asian 21J GMT and compare the pictures.

Personally: I think the preowned SMP's are too cheap to go through all this trouble. I just saw a gen full size quartz sold at $595. Get the quartz gen and throw in a high beat automatic movement. I dunno if it's possible but at least it'd make much more sense than investing $500 - $600 to mods of replica(s).

My 2c.

As far as I know the auto movement cannot be fitted into the quartz case - the 2 cases aren't the same internally. Far better to start off with the correct HE position rep case even though you will pay a premium price.

I went through a string of reps to get the best case and dial etc for a black ETA SMP. Then I liked it so much that I bought a gen. Next I bought one of the old-school Bond ETA reps (wrong HE though) with the intent of using the 2 reps to build an ultimate correct HE Bond SMP to pair with my gen black. Then I bought a Bond chrono rep so the project won't go ahead.

If anyone wants to buy a correct HE black SMP rep with an accurate dial & hands and a correct 'pinned' bracelet etc send me a PM. It won't be cheap but it will save a lot of grief. If it's really a Bond you're after I'll sell both - the old-school Bond is also ETA and has the curved link 'pinned' bracelet and has a genuine clasp to swap the outer. (The whole clasp isn't easily interchangable as the pin sizes are slightly different).

As far as I know the auto movement cannot be fitted into the quartz case - the 2 cases aren't the same internally. Far better to start off with the correct HE position rep case even though you will pay a premium price.

I went through a string of reps to get the best case and dial etc for a black ETA SMP. Then I liked it so much that I bought a gen. Next I bought one of the old-school Bond ETA reps (wrong HE though) with the intent of using the 2 reps to build an ultimate correct HE Bond SMP to pair with my gen black. Then I bought a Bond chrono rep so the project won't go ahead.

If anyone wants to buy a correct HE black SMP rep with an accurate dial & hands and a correct 'pinned' bracelet etc send me a PM. It won't be cheap but it will save a lot of grief. If it's really a Bond you're after I'll sell both - the old-school Bond is also ETA and has the curved link 'pinned' bracelet and has a genuine clasp to swap the outer. (The whole clasp isn't easily interchangable as the pin sizes are slightly different).

got any pics and price ?

You can read the review of my old Asian 21J GMT and compare the pictures.

Personally: I think the preowned SMP's are too cheap to go through all this trouble. I just saw a gen full size quartz sold at $595. Get the quartz gen and throw in a high beat automatic movement. I dunno if it's possible but at least it'd make much more sense than investing $500 - $600 to mods of replica(s).

My 2c.

That is exactly the reason why I won't mod my SMP Bond, because by further modding it going over 500usd would be useless since the genuine is not so much more expensive.

Been thinking a lot lately about the Helium valve position problem.

Would it not be possible to use a case from a GMT model and fit a HE to that case ?

YEs, its possible. How do I know - i did it. I drilled into the case and just superglued the HE valve. However, it took me 3 cases to do get it right (3rd time is the charm :) ). I can post pics soon.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Clearance-Sale-t...105#entry626105

Would #12 in this sale work for a case??? I'd say if you pick up that case, mvt, dial, hands you've got a winner

Well I made payment and got confirmation from the seller that he receivred the payment & will be shipping it out today - Saturday. So, it shouldnt be available anymore.