When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Philippe section?

TeeJay

I remember that the question came up a while back, and I forget any outcome, but I was just thinking, that they're a pretty popular manufacturer, and wondered if it might be worth having a section for them, along with the other 'major players'? I know that some watches, like UN, are still 'pretty niche', but PP seem to have a pretty strong following. Might something like this be a possibility?

We all love the brand-specific subforums. We really do... those are the "bread and butter" of the whole RWG... and we will add them as soon as there is a real demand.

As I said previously:

The Audemars Piguet area has about 200 topics... more than a year after it was opened. And 90% of those topics came there when I manually moved the AP-related posts from the Other Brands section (when the forum was created). It gets very little traffic.

I doubt Patek area would create even that kind of traffic numbers. There are total of 57 Patek Philippe-related topics in the "Other Brands" section. The numbers don't lie, and those numbers don't justify creating yet another ghost subforum. But of course, if the factories start to put out more great Patek-reps things will change.

So far the only "super rep" is the Nautilus.

We love those "brand sections". They work amazingly well, and we will add Patek section immediately (when the demand justifies that).

Meanwhile, let's use "Other Brands" for Patek posts.

"Other brands" section works surprisingly well too, now that people have gotten used to it. It has some respectable numbers, and it's among the most interesting sections on RWG (imho).

I doubt Patek area would create even that kind of traffic numbers. There are total of 57 Patek Philippe-related topics in the "Other Brands" section.

I would have to agree - plus it's been a loooong time since a new PP rep came out, and discussion of new watches is a mainstay in the other groups.

We love those "brand sections". They work amazingly well, and we will add Patek section immediately (when the demand justifies that).

Meanwhile, let's use "Other Brands" for Patek posts.

"Other brands" section works surprisingly well too, now that people have gotten used to it. It has some respectable numbers, and it's among the most interesting sections on RWG (imho).

Indeed, there's certainly a wealth of information to be found in there :) I guess the problem with Pateks, as mentioned, is the small number of popular models. I guess one can only ask "Who has the best Aquanaut?" so many times :lol:

Patek is THE brand. ;) In the watch world, it is the undesputed King. We have just become too complacent with PAM this - PAM that. Throw in an ugly Concord C1 and everyone seems happy. Also, we seem to have lost creative rep energy to RepGeek.

For fun - I am going to try generate some Patek spin with some interesting stuff (maybe throw in something for the granddaddy VC). Anyone want to help.

Regards.

Patek is THE brand. ;) In the watch world, it is the undesputed King. We have just become too complacent with PAM this - PAM that. Throw in an ugly Concord C1 and everyone seems happy. Also, we seem to have lost creative rep energy to RepGeek.

For fun - I am going to try generate some Patek spin with some interesting stuff (maybe throw in something for the granddaddy VC). Anyone want to help.

Regards.

:good:

Want to be my new best friend?