When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ten Reasons to Reject the Idea of Buying a Replica Watch

strattakan

"If you still have hesitations whether to buy or not to buy a replica watch of your favorite brand, below you will find the most crucial reasons to help you make up your mind. The article is based on real opinions shared by simple customers as well as experienced watch experts.

1. A replica watch shows off what you really don't have: This is what many people actually think about wearing a replica watch...."

More here:

http://watches.infoniac.com/ten-reasons-re...lica-watch.html

Any thoughts?

Sorry if it was already posted.

The biggest problem with a rep is if you wear it to a place and let everyone know it's a replica, so it kind of defeats the purpose. And I've had some problems with quality even with "super" reps, some parts can fall off which in my case is lume. I haven't really felt the need to spend $7500 on a real rolex though because all it does is tell time, can't really do much with it. I think if I owned one, after a couple days the novelty would wear off.

To spend thousands of $$$ on a watch(timepiece) is absured. Now thats just me. It's a personal thing. I spend quite a bit of money on cars. There are people who would think thats absured. I guess it comes down to what one values. I'll stick with my reps,thank you very much. Lets be honest. Some of the reps that are available now are quite amazing. B) Mike

well,

I also think the link is some kind of ridiculous, to start because some reasons there are just wrong, or, for start, the guy probably unknown some super-reps and mods available.

I am also with OneMan24, for me its about the design of the piece. Because have 2 rolex, one breitling and one omega gen is way off my reality. And have to admit I think is worst to have some invicta submariner lookalike than a good Sub rep.

Just my 2cents about it.

well,

I also think the link is some kind of ridiculous, to start because some reasons there are just wrong, or, for start, the guy probably unknown some super-reps and mods available.

I am also with OneMan24, for me its about the design of the piece. Because have 2 rolex, one breitling and one omega gen is way off my reality. And have to admit I think is worst to have some invicta submariner lookalike than a good Sub rep.

Just my 2cents about it.

Interesting post really but I doubt the whole psychology behind buying a rep can't be done any justice in a 10 point essay.

I own 3 gen's. A Rolex GMT II and 2 Breitling's (Super Ocean and Chrono Colt) but yet I still buy reps and in fact I wear the reps more often. Why? Well, I think for a few reasons 1) Daily bangers.... they can get scratched and beaten up and they don't cost me a fortune (I work on sets and sound stages and things do get scratched up and banged up - a lot!) 2) I can change my watch daily if I like, 3) I am now looking at reps that I would never buy a gen of.

For example, I would probably by another gen Rolex but I would never pay $20K for an AP or a Hublot....but I'd like to wear one so I buy the rep. Can someone 'spot it', maybe if they are as anal as me or are a dealer but I'm unlikely to walk into a dealers wearing a rep (although I did in Vegas once and seemed to get away with it actually, mind you I was pretty drunk)

I know my AP is fake, and to be honest if someone asked me I'd probably say "yes it is a rep" but it cost me $700 which is about $19,300 less than the gen, my rolex is real as are my breitlings, I'm comfortable with that now bugger off and let me finish my beer in peace! (I probably wouldn't mention the fact that my AP fell apart though)...

Point is, its a hobby. Maybe a silly one, maybe expensive but I like it, you all like it and what else is there to do with our money... you certainly don't want to put in in a bank right now, may as well have some fun! :1a:

I'm now off to talk to Chris about buying an Ice Bang!

Laters

A