When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage domes

Nanuq

Thank you very much :)

If you're seriously looking for one, I may be selling one of my uber frankens soon: an RG built white letter 1665 with gen 1570 mvmt :D

I've seen some of Jojo's in the flesh...OH MY GOD....

And all have been build by Ziggy btw.

If this guy ever sells one, the buyer is going to be lucky for sure :wub:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the t-19 and the t-39 the same crystal with the exception of the t-39 being a super dome?

I want to replace my t-19 with a clark super dome, but wanted to know if I should order a t-39 or?

It is for one of my 7016 Tudor Subs.

I wish I could help, the crystals on my watches are pretty much factory stock (although I burned off the cyclops on the FL crystal)

Is the t-19 and the t-39 the same crystal with the exception of the t-39 being a super dome?

I want to replace my t-19 with a clark super dome, but wanted to know if I should order a t-39 or?

It is for one of my 7016 Tudor Subs.

I think the T39 is to big for the 7016 Indy. I would leave a T19.

Sorry if I do not answer your question though, I have no idea. :huh:

I will shortly receive a Clark T19 and a genuine T19.

I'm curious to check the difference like I did with the T39.

Of course we all prefer genuine but we also figured out the the Clarks are great :)

And these days, we also should keep in mind that putting a lot of money into our frankens is fine if we want to keep them forever.

If not, they will be impossible to sell for the price we invested in them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Here're my domes :)

DSCN1054.jpg

I have a feeling this might be my first 'stack shot' as well :)

Following on from this previous post, here're some more dome shots... The 'top sub' has undergone considerable modification since I took the above shot, but I hope people will think for the better... :)

The dome on the NATO Sub did have a cyclops, but I chipped it away with a pocket knife, put in a few extra scuffs, buffed it back to 'clear', and then rotated the crystal so the mark left from the cyclops removal, would now look like impact damage between 10 and 11 :) I've definitely gotten into the vintage/wabi sabi aesthetic, can hardly get the vintage sub off my wrist, and also have plans to turn the NATO Sub into a Snowflake Tudor homage :) Enjoy :)

PS: Any feedback on the vintaging results would be greatly appreciated :) Please ignore the custom/composite nature of the watches, I'm talking purely about the application of vintaging techniques, and how the results are perceived :)

DSCN1669.jpg

DSCN1678.jpg

DSCN1670.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

DSCN1672.jpg

DSCN1674.jpg