When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New POS part 2

seafoam

Thanks for the new pics. This looks like 1 of the same Subs that Silix sells (for nearly 4 times the price). Unfortunately, it is also 1 of the models with the (incorrectly) high-profile case, which is not suitable for constructing these early CG-less Subs. However, the bezel & insert are. And since the seller has this watch, he most likely also has the low-profile version that I need. What is the website address?

Thanks for the new pics. This looks like 1 of the same Subs that Silix sells (for nearly 4 times the price). Unfortunately, this is 1 of the models that has a high-profile, which is not suitable for my purposes. However, the bezel & insert are very useful in building vintage CG-less Subs. And since the seller has this 1, they may also have the low-profile version that I need. What is the website address?

exactreplicas.com this particular vintage is not shown in their catalog. i looked at the vintage/non swiss that has a crown guard and got this one so you would be rolling the dice. also my 50% off was a "limited time offer". you can try and enter the discount code and see what happens. it is crunch50. good luck.

Thanks for the pics Brian. Just a heads up for anyone interested. Exactreplicas has many, many complants about them. It might be a good idea to check Complantsborad.com. Good luck :) Mike

Yeah, thanks Mike. I'm affraid i've learned the hard way. But, from whan i've learned thru comments it may not as bad a watch as i am thinking, even though it wasn't what i ordered.

Seafoam - As you said, I did not see your watch (or similar CG-less Subs) listed on their site & although the price is definitely right, I am not willing to throw $59 into a black hole in the hope that I will get the golden ring. But I appreciate the info & pics. If anyone else does order from them & happens to get a CG-less Sub-style watch (with the low-profile case) like the 1 I used from Silix (ROLS176), please let me know.

Seafoam - As you said, I did not see your watch (or similar CG-less Subs) listed on their site & although the price is definitely right, I am not willing to throw $59 into a black hole in the hope that I will get the golden ring. But I appreciate the info & pics. If anyone else does order from them & happens to get a CG-less Sub-style watch (with the low-profile case) like the 1 I used from Silix (ROLS176), please let me know.

No problem. Good luck with your search.

Brian