When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movado!

spider87

I was looking at watches today and I love the look of the Movado watches. The simplicity but sheer prestige of them is amazing. I was just wondering if there were any reps out there that looked like this...

movado-mens-luno-watch.jpg

Yes, I've looked around on a few of the dealer sites and don't seem to see anything like this (I've probably not looked at the right dealers but :-\)

ALSO, let me know your opinions on these watches if you don't mind....

Thanks,

spider87

Movado is a strange brand. I had never heard of it until I joined US-based watch forums. It's virtually unknown brand in Europe.

I think Movados haven't been repped because they're way too cheap. Who wants to buy a $200 replica of a $400 watch?

Here's the same one that you posted, on Ebay (buy-it-now price: $475) If you search around I'm sure you'll find them even cheaper.

They have made some more expensive watches in the past though... I've heard that some of the "flagship" models of Movado even used the El Primero. I don't know if they still make high end stuff like that.

I have five of them. The Olympus I bought ten years ago reminded me of the Vacheron Phidias. I have classic dials that make considering a Piaget of similar looks seem a waste of money.

The one I would like next is the Sport SE model 0605910 with the newer bracelet. It is awesome! Retail $1,500 it is $814 at JomaShop.

Movado is weird...as By-Tor said... I've got a Museum watch since it's a de facto dress watch and my father owns an 1980s solid gold Museum piece in his collection...the bracelet is amazing...someone remind me to scrounge up a pic of the old man wearing it...

They're like Raymond Weil sort of...idk, Movado collaborated with Zenith on the El Primo (From what I recall) and made some really cool watches but they've stretched themselves so far as a brand that they really can't be taken seriously anymore... sad.

lol Thanks for the help guys and the dialog _brian_ haha I'll be looking

I'm liking this one the only problem is they have quartz movements I mean I don't hate them they just seem so cheap after finding out auto movements exist lol...

http://www.watcheden.com/movado-classic-tw...--21952--1.html

I'm also a bit leary about ordering from silix as I've heard bad things... I see they're on watch eden too so I may just go with that but the one on silix's site is like the exact one I want while the ones on [we] all seem to be a little different. I mean yes I could just order a bracelet and get this one: http://www.watcheden.com/movado-classic-ce...--25447--1.html but I don't know.... lol

Edited by spider87

Silix has like the exact watch I posted but I'm so nervous about paying 110USD for something from him... I've heard such bad things and I really don't feel comfortable ordering from him especially since it doesn't even say what movement or anything is in it lol...

Silix has like the exact watch I posted but I'm so nervous about paying 110USD for something from him... I've heard such bad things and I really don't feel comfortable ordering from him especially since it doesn't even say what movement or anything is in it lol...

I say go for it!