When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blacksteel & Straps...post your combos here...

hackR

Since ordering my Blacksteel (thanks, Andreww!), i have been searching/reading high and low for a strap...

Thinking it would be great if anyone that has the Blacksteel could drop a pix or two, with info, into this thread so that we have a great post for all to review...

Have seen some great combos: black/red HK Tan, black/white croc, aged brown leather, etc...

Calling all Blacksteel owners!

R-

fellow member Rogerthat made some very nice pictures with a Greg Stevens Panerai strap, called Crazy Horse:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Blacksteel-Rep-t91678.html

It made me buy the strap for one of my Panerais, the pam252 and made me buy the Black Steel as well.

@all --> from what i can discern, Lanikai, RoninQ and Eunomians have the HK Tan red/black that Lani "introduced" with this watch...amazingly cool and sporty!

@hooky, rogerthat --> love that look!...great texture...

wondering if you go the Breitling strap direction, which of the croc or smooth black leather straps, both w/ white stitching, would look better...keeping in mind that you would probably want to go with a tang buckle; swapping the blacksteel buckle onto it?...anyone have pix of these combos?

Glad the link to my old posts works, looks like my new picture doesn't becuase of a photobucket bandwidth issue?

Honestly getting the made for Panerai thick strap on my Blacksteel was a pain in the butt, so I have not taken it off and do not plan on taking it off for another strap anytime soon.

What size is the Blacksteel strap? I just pulled the trigger on one and now shopping for a strap while I wait for delivery :D

Also, what do I need to change the strap?

24mm width.

If you buy a color strap which is lighter in color than black, the contrast will make the Black Steel (and it superb quality) POP out even more.

24mm width.

If you buy a color strap which is lighter in color than black, the contrast will make the Black Steel (and it superb quality) POP out even more.

Actually, it is 22mm not 24. Only the SOH & Bentley are 24.

-Ronin

Actually, it is 22mm not 24. Only the SOH & Bentley are 24.

-Ronin

ooops, you are right. it is 22mm, i just measured it.

I assumed that it was 24mm because a member put a Greg Stevens Panerai strap on it. and those are always 24mm.

I ordered the HK Tan Black/Red strap...thanks to Lani, Euno and Ronin...

I plan to get a leather one, but like the dark walnut rugged look and/or dark gray reptile...(hint: Lani?!)

buttttttt, the absolute best "strap" on this watch is the DLC bracelet Jake48 posted above!...(waiting on the post you mentioned on the details of this "strap")...

R-

• 1 month later...

Guys, this week I received my Mona strap for Breitling. From Gunny straps. Peter makes really really nice straps. Also for Panerai I received this week.

This Mona strap is 7mm thick at the lugs and 5mm thick at the ends. Now i am looking for a nice (OEM) Breiting Tang buckle.

Some quick dirty pics I shot today:

p1070014.th.jpg

p1070012.th.jpg

p1070013.th.jpg

p1070015k.th.jpg

p1070016.th.jpg

Hoping the links work. First time posting pic links in a post.

Cheers! thanks for looking.

Guys, this week I received my Mona strap for Breitling. From Gunny straps. Peter makes really really nice straps. Also for Panerai I received this week.

This Mona strap is 7mm thick at the lugs and 5mm thick at the ends. Now i am looking for a nice (OEM) Breiting Tang buckle.

Some quick dirty pics I shot today:

p1070014.th.jpg

Hoping the links work. First time posting pic links in a post.

Cheers! thanks for looking.

go to "Image Hosting" or "Loading" use that to upload.. that way you can size your image and post it ... better than thumbnails..

luck and have fun

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...e+shack+hosting

Hooky --

fantastic look...a great strap!!...i hav the Gunny Mona on my Navi GMT white dial...i love it!...i'll have to try it on my Blacksteel - which is currently sporting the hktan red/black strap...

any chance you can shoot some wristies of it in natural sun?...

R-