When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just bought my first 2 Reps

mick92627

OK, part of the motivation to create this post is to get rid of the annoying yellow banner at the top of the page the keeps telling me I haven't created a post yet and that the annoying yellow banner will go away when I finally do.

BUT.

I found this this website only yesterday and was glued to it WAY past my bed time and when it was all said and done, I had drawn on the services of one of the long time member/collecters here and the net-net is that two gorgeous new reps are on their way to a new home. Happy happy, joy joy!

I looked very closely at By-tor's Guide to Omegas (outstanding stuff,) and then his shoot-out between the UPO and the Breitling Steelfish SO, and at first I was convinced that I was about to be a rep-Omega owner. But then I saw Pugwash's pictorial on the white Steelfish SO, (I'm like a kid in a candy shop at this site, I swear,) and that was all there was to it. I ordered one on the spot.

So the next day, (today) I'm having Omega withdrawal. And I'm reading the Weekend Wrist Check post here and I see Robertk's pic of his Sunday watch, the sublime Omega Railmaster and dammed if I didn't just HAVE to have one of those too. Back to our friendly member/collector.

So now both of these lovelies are on their way and I am getting the hell off this website for a while before I see something ELSE that I just have to have.

(Do you think my Better Half will believe me if I told her I won these in a poker game?)

Cheers,

mick92627

welcome aboard,

yes this hobby is HIGLY ADDICTIVE!

i dont know about ur other half believing that u one ur reps, if she really is ur other half just tell her the truth!!!

congrats on ur purchases, i hope that u bought them from a trusted dealer! and plz dont forget to post pics when u get them

Expensive for sure! But fun and worthwhile. Pics please when you get them. Next you will want a new strap for that Railmaster. It never ends. TZ is good for finding some very nice straps that will blow away most OEM ones. Search around here too. I'm sure you will find months worth of educational reading to further your hobby. I'm glad you found this place first and didn't come to us with a horror story from a scam website.

Welcome

Welcome aboard bud!! I see you have done the smart thing and have been doing the reading!! Good fellow that man! Keep reading, you will never, ever run out of articles, write ups, reviews etc etc, the guys on here are fantastic and very forth giving of their knowledge as long as you are willing to put in the hours of reading! As you will no doubt already know, the search button is your bestest friend in the world!!

Oh and no, no she won't!1 lol, trust me you will have to play a lot of poker dude, this place is a killer on the bank account!! Everything is a must have!! :p

Enjoy and enlighten your way to rep heaven!!! :angel:

Welcome to the best watch site on the planet, period. I know exactly how you feel. Kid in a candy store?, absolutly. I had know idea that a place like this existed. Well it does, thank God :pray: No matter where I end up on this forum, I learn something new .Sounds to me like your off to a good start. Enjoy your poker winnings ;) Mike

OK, part of the motivation to create this post is to get rid of the annoying yellow banner at the top of the page the keeps telling me I haven't created a post yet and that the annoying yellow banner will go away when I finally do.

BUT.

I found this this website only yesterday and was glued to it WAY past my bed time and when it was all said and done, I had drawn on the services of one of the long time member/collecters here and the net-net is that two gorgeous new reps are on their way to a new home. Happy happy, joy joy!

I looked very closely at By-tor's Guide to Omegas (outstanding stuff,) and then his shoot-out between the UPO and the Breitling Steelfish SO, and at first I was convinced that I was about to be a rep-Omega owner. But then I saw Pugwash's pictorial on the white Steelfish SO, (I'm like a kid in a candy shop at this site, I swear,) and that was all there was to it. I ordered one on the spot.

So the next day, (today) I'm having Omega withdrawal. And I'm reading the Weekend Wrist Check post here and I see Robertk's pic of his Sunday watch, the sublime Omega Railmaster and dammed if I didn't just HAVE to have one of those too. Back to our friendly member/collector.

So now both of these lovelies are on their way and I am getting the hell off this website for a while before I see something ELSE that I just have to have.

(Do you think my Better Half will believe me if I told her I won these in a poker game?)

Cheers,

mick92627

Welcome aboard. I somehow got reset so I have had the annoying banner up top for a few weeks now and you have now helped me get rid of it as well :)

Welcome

I joined this site a few months ago and it is without doubt the best site for replica/gen watch discussion. I too got bitten by the bug and have bought 4 watches in as many months. Next purchase is a watch box the question is how big do i go, seeing as my watch collection is definately not staying at 4 lol.

Expensive hobby and I do get comments like"why do you need more than one watch" but what do they know.... Enjoy your watches like people say must post pics of your purchases.

Regards

suitu

Welcome

I joined this site a few months ago and it is without doubt the best site for replica/gen watch discussion. I too got bitten by the bug and have bought 4 watches in as many months. Next purchase is a watch box the question is how big do i go, seeing as my watch collection is definately not staying at 4 lol.

Expensive hobby and I do get comments like"why do you need more than one watch" but what do they know.... Enjoy your watches like people say must post pics of your purchases.

Regards

suitu

Thats right, what do they know. I like the way you think :thumbs: Mike

Welcome to the forum. Words of advice. Dont lie to her about reps because you will be getting many many more so the poker excuse will be old. Just tell her you're collecting watches..some are reps, some are gens..and it's just a hobby just like she's shopping for jewelry/clothing :D

Then run like hell :cc_scooter::lol:

Dont lie to her about reps because you will be getting many many more so the poker excuse will be old. Just tell her you're collecting watches..some are reps, some are gens..and it's just a hobby just like she's shopping for jewelry/clothing :D

I was just kidding on the poker game thing. We have the ideal situation between us. I manage my money, she manages hers. We live in different houses, though we're only a mile apart. She and the two boys are under one roof, and I'm under another and in that way, sanity is preserved. I'm not sure we'd have made it this far if we had to cohabitate.

Another great thing about her is that she never got the shopping gene. And on rare occasions when she does do something nice for herself, she never has to tell me that she "just brought this dress back from the cleaners." Instead she wants to put on a fashion show. And I won't have to say anything about the reps except, "Hey Hon, look at these beauties." If I'm happy, she's happy and vice versa. She's a real peach.

Absolutely I will post lots of pics when I get the reps, in about a weeks time Joshua assures me. I made a sweet little light tent out of some spare PVC pipe and an old white sheet and some 3 dollar floods from Home Depot, that will be perfect for this. Thing works like a champ for how cheap and easy it was to make.

Cheers,

Mick

I was just kidding on the poker game thing. We have the ideal situation between us. I manage my money, she manages hers. We live in different houses, though we're only a mile apart. She and the two boys are under one roof, and I'm under another and in that way, sanity is preserved. I'm not sure we'd have made it this far if we had to cohabitate.

Another great thing about her is that she never got the shopping gene. And on rare occasions when she does do something nice for herself, she never has to tell me that she "just brought this dress back from the cleaners." Instead she wants to put on a fashion show. And I won't have to say anything about the reps except, "Hey Hon, look at these beauties." If I'm happy, she's happy and vice versa. She's a real peach.

Absolutely I will post lots of pics when I get the reps, in about a weeks time Joshua assures me. I made a sweet little light tent out of some spare PVC pipe and an old white sheet and some 3 dollar floods from Home Depot, that will be perfect for this. Thing works like a champ for how cheap and easy it was to make.

Cheers,

Mick

Sure Mick whatever you say my friend. Sounds good to me. I like the one about living in differant homes. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Mick your killing me over here. :acute: PS just having a little fun Mick :D

Welcome and congrats on the great selections! The Railmaster is one of my favorite Omega models and I was recently VERY close to pulling the trigger on another gen...

THEY HAVE ARRIVED! And they're beautiful. Very very pleased. The Breitling is HEAVY, in a really solid way. I had it sized, first thing, and I'm wearing it now. Haven't had a chance yet to look closely at the Omega, but a cursory glance gives me a chub, I gotta tell ya.

Happy happy, joy joy!

Pics to follow soon.

mick92627