When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiddy lust full-filled... almost...

projectologist

I had been researching my first fiddy rep purchase for several months. You know how it goes... you hang out here, ask questions, search past posts and watch the ads. Came close a couple of times, but never pulled the trigger for some reason.

Then out of the blue last week I get a text message re. a certain fiddy that was available, my PayPal account was flush (about to be flushed), so I pulled the trigger.

The almost is the OEM strap that comes with the gen edition. Found one and will be picking it up this coming weekend.

EL case set and a crystal that has very little distortion. The cg required some fine tuning, so I flattened and polished the pin and re-brushed the guard body. Font color is spot on. And the BIG plus... the correct gen movement. I wasn't about to let this opportunity slip through my hands.

Here are some quickie point-and-shoots... the sun was setting fast.

fiddy02.jpg

fiddy03.jpg

fiddy04.jpg

Eddie Lee was one of our legendary dealers back in the day, my favorite until he retired. This watch is long gone, several members on here were lucky to grab one of these(mine is safely resting as we speak). Post a WTB ad and you may get lucky, I had posted mine for sale about a year ago and glad that I passed on the offers.

:victory:

Eddie Lee was one of our legendary dealers back in the day, my favorite until he retired. This watch is long gone, several members on here were lucky to grab one of these(mine is safely resting as we speak). Post a WTB ad and you may get lucky, I had posted mine for sale about a year ago and glad that I passed on the offers.

:victory:

is the case gen-like construction?

with screw on backs and good cg?

• 2 weeks later...
fiddy02.jpg

Fantastic watch and a more than worthy addition to your impressive 47mm stable, Project!

From the pic above, it looks like that is not the OEM cannon pin for the movement (appears pointy like an out of the box replacement from ETA). Perhaps it's just the light playing tricks? If not, get that pin flattened and polished and be DONE! An absolutely wonderful watch!

Fantastic watch and a more than worthy addition to your impressive 47mm stable, Project!

From the pic above, it looks like that is not the OEM cannon pin for the movement (appears pointy like an out of the box replacement from ETA). Perhaps it's just the light playing tricks? If not, get that pin flattened and polished and be DONE! An absolutely wonderful watch!

It's the reflection. Sort of a miniature version of the reflection of my fingers on top of the camera you see in the crystal. Close-up pic attached showing cp, but some OEM hands might be nice down the road.

fiddy014.jpg

OEM hands would be nice but not necessary, IMO.

That watch is a stunner!

Thank you for the nice words... I just looked up some gen fiddy pics and looked a little more closely at the hands.

I think your opinion is spot on. I think the difference would probably come down to exact measurements, but to the naked eye they are fine.