When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help - Which DSSD Version Did I Receive?

rangers158

Just received the V3 DSSD I bought from a dealer. When I open up to have look inside, it seems that I got one with a single piece caseback version and not the two-piece caseback we all know V3 has. But looking at the thin bezel, large crown and correct Hev (same as other pics of V3), I am confused.

Is there another version I am not aware of or the factory has started to cut cost and use single piece caseback for V3. Anyone know anything. Would really want to get it changed with the dealer if I am given the wrong version. Not to mention I have to remove the pearl and reglue it since it came misaligned. Thanks.

IMG_1163_resize.jpg

IMG_1164_resize.jpg

IMG_1165_resize.jpg

IMG_1166_resize.jpg

Edited by rangers158

Hard to say from the pic's but my v3 defo has a two peice case back and another big tell of a V3 is the pearl on the bezel.. it stand quite proud of the pearl housing.. kind of domed. But the bezel numbering does look a little diferent from mind... but it all depends on the lighting ...

Hope this helps.

T

Interesting. Different caseback, different rotor overlay, different bezel teeth, different spacer-ring and screws... it might behoove you to shoot this from the sides to help the members get you a better educated answer.

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

Which dealer sent this and when did you purchase this piece?

If you've removed the pearl & insert, you should attempt to file the back of the insert before gluing it back in the bezel, to see how/if it it can be properly re-seated.

Edited by gioarmani

Hard to say from the pic's but my v3 defo has a two peice case back and another big tell of a V3 is the pearl on the bezel.. it stand quite proud of the pearl housing.. kind of domed. But the bezel numbering does look a little diferent from mind... but it all depends on the lighting ...

Hope this helps.

T

Here are better pics. Pearl just reattached. All indicative of V3. So I guess there might many similar copies of V3 floating in the market.

IMG_1168_resize.jpg

IMG_1169_resize.jpg

IMG_1170_resize.jpg

Edited by rangers158

Interesting. Different caseback, different rotor overlay, different bezel teeth, different spacer-ring and screws... it might behoove you to shoot this from the sides to help the members get you a better educated answer.

Which dealer sent this and when did you purchase this piece?

If you've removed the pearl & insert, you should attempt to file the back of the insert before gluing it back in the bezel, to see how/if it it can be properly re-seated.

If you look at this pic from another review in RWI the case construction differs from yours but similar to the one I received. Only difference is it has 2 piece caseback. Got this from King.

DSC_0747.jpg

Sorry that I cant help you id the watch, but I was hoping you'd be able to share how you were able to get the pearl off so cleanly, and what you'll be using to glue it back in?

My pearl is misaligned as well and it's quite annoying.

Just use your fingers to move the pearl about a little. It will break off. The factory glue is not that strong. Then use 2-part clear epoxy to glue the pearl back in place.

Is that the new one that T4D/Prestige Watch is selling that just came out?

People referring to it as V4.

Nope this is not the V4 people are talking about. V4 has thicker bezel fonts and all V3 features.

According to the dealer, there is a batch of single caseback for asian 2836 movement floating around. So it is V3 and it is probably due to the factory going cheap on us. So please check when you get any of these.

i think what you got there is a V2 with a V3 bezel insert.

V2 has 1 pc caseback

i noticed that your crystal is too "Dome" compared to the V3.

but your rehaut is like the V3, because V2 is too deep

i'm not trying to imply anything, this is just my observation

i maybe right or i maybe wrong

thanks

I just got a v3 with the solid case back Josh told me that the factory is out of stock on the two piece but when he gets them in he will send me one....he has been great so far. I hope that they get some soon

Yes, thats what King said as well. However, do note that the 2 piece replacement caseback will probably not fit as well. For the 1 piece caseback, it does not has the groove for the rubber gasket to sit in. So even if you get the 2 piece subsequently, it is not going to fit properly.