When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glue

GHBG35

I am a complete noob to this world.

As I wait for BK to finish my first rep, i got impatiant and had to buy something. So I bought an Omega deville from another member. some parts came loose in shipping so I want to fix them. Honestly I was going to find a reason to break it open anyway. Question is what do I use to re-affix the pieces?

That watch must have been packed up a treat for it to fall apart upon delivery! :huh:

I was the member who he purchased this watch from and no Mickey - the watch wasn't packaged to fell apart on delivery. I bubble tape the hell out of my watches. They are packaged tight and secured within another padded envelope. From there, I also have the PO mark fragile on the package (not like the PO would just throw packages around, right?)

I dont know how the datewindow fell apart nor what is thta discoloration around the dial is.

Here's a link to the original thread

Thread

Guest hublot1

Not acceptable at all...by the way should you ever want to glue things use (Loctite) I think as it will not leave a residue once dries like other super glue.

Before this turns into some sort of flame thread, and the E thugs show up let me say. I never blamed triplhd for sending a busted watch. The watch was shipped cocooned in bubble wrap. I have no idea how it was broken, just want to fix and am looking for advice. Like I said I am brand new to this hobby, and don't want to get banned on post # 8.

I have purchased a case opener, and an assortment of watch tools. I will give it a shot. I have built cars and rebuilt motorcycles, let me have a try at something a bit more precise.

The yellow circles seem to be the original glue that haeld it all together.

Edited by GHBG35

I would never mark a parcel as "fragile", strangely enough that is like a red rag to a bull and would probably cause them to play rugby and/or football with your post ;)

The postal service guys have bumped the parcel so hard that the date surround has fallen off and the whole hour numeral circle too! :o

Last time I marked a parcel as "fragile" the PC gear I sent got really shaken up, nearly broken, but fortunately not, a lesson was learned though :p

Cheers! B)

Years ago I spent a couple of Christmas weeks working at Miami International loading planes for USPS. Pay was huge for long hours and hard work but only lasted about a week.

Most of the packages were containerized but a lot went into the belly of the plane. Up a motorized ramp to the first guy who would throw them to the next guy in the back. You're so right about "FRAGILE" being a red flag. Anything that said fragile became a football.

It wasnt that I depended on using the words FRAGILE on the package to ensure safe delivery. As I stated earlier and even pointed out by GHBG35, the watch was packaged up extremely well. Not only wrapped in bubble wrap, but then again in a cushioned envelope.

I have been communicating with GHBG35 on resolution.

It wasnt that I depended on using the words FRAGILE on the package to ensure safe delivery. As I stated earlier and even pointed out by GHBG35, the watch was packaged up extremely well. Not only wrapped in bubble wrap, but then again in a cushioned envelope.

I have been communicating with GHBG35 on resolution.

I was in no way saying that you were, I believe you when you say you wrapped it up well, as it is in your best interests to do so :)

The fact that "fragile" was placed on the parcel pretty much explains everything that has happened, just ask any ex postal worker and they will tell you the same thing.