When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

just got this in and had to take some pics

dandonnelly

thanx lani I plan to stay as long as I am welcome.....but it means a lot to hear it man thanks

We "Support" one another .. that is what this Community is all about.. a lot more than just watches.. you will experience that again and again .. and see testimony of gestures.. by all .. that will make this Forum "Home" .. like many members have done for me and countless others !!

Now go enjoy your rep.. the first one from here is always worth savouring and remembering !!.. yours more than others... :lol:

:p .. some dry humor to make ya laugh !! :drinks:

you will always be WELCOME !!

L

I think my bro Lani's covered the main things: We all make mistakes, and we all learn from them. Silly (outright stupid) thing to do, but, it takes cojones to own up and admit being wrong, so all due respect for doing that :good:

With regards your comment about learning from the folks over there... It's been said that many members of gen forums are little more than brandname-worshipping elitists (see the comment telling the other person they were not welcome) who don't actually know anything about their watches beyond the price tags. Folks here, on the other hand, know about both the reps and the gen watches... One has to know about the gen, to know about the rep... People here are also used to 'making their own repairs' and even building their own watches from scratch. I don't think many on a gen forum would know how to do that... The resource of information which you seek is right here, not over the road, under a 'brand-name banner'. Have a read, and I'm sure you'll find out everything you ever wanted to know (and more) about watches :good:

let you give me my take on this.

It's a dangerous thing to do and heres why.

These watches to the general eye and less informed could be the real thing and even with gen rollies owners giving it praise concerns me.

A few years back on original RWG we had a board member who at the time owned a slight modded sub, yes it looked pretty good and he was told this, it had faults yeah but overall you get the picture.

Well he actually put the watch on the bay, on purpose tried to pass it as gen, sold it for a few thousand $$ and thought lucky me.

However and to an what this forum is partly about is that the watch was called out by a fellow board member on the bay and the winning bidder invited to come and look for himself on the RWG forum thread. It was at that point it came to light that is was the member here who sold it ( and had subsequently spent the money.... so could not initially pay him back) so you can imagine the fallout and the 'what happened next'......

Tempting isn't it - buy one of the 'ultimates' for a few hundred $$ then pass it off as gen for a few thousand $$, if you've got a lot of people saying how good it is, then the feeling of taking a bite out of that red apple gets even more tempting.

It's not going to be the first or last.

In this case you know what you did was wrong, all good, as Lani says, move on from that and start to get involved into what this forum is about, but any unscruplulous people reading threads like this just gives em the green light.

They keep sellin' em' and we'll keep calling em'

anyway, my thoughts.

Peace

:D