When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stem way too short....any options?

triplehd

I recently switched cases for my Omega SMP. However, the stem is now way to short when using the new case. And when i mean short, instead of winding, when i turn the crown, it changes the time.

I have an ETA 2824 movement. Is my only option is to get a brand new stem? What about stem extenders?

I recently switched cases for my Omega SMP. However, the stem is now way to short when using the new case. And when i mean short, instead of winding, when i turn the crown, it changes the time.

I have an ETA 2824 movement. Is my only option is to get a brand new stem? What about stem extenders?

Stems are cheap and it's an easy repair. You just have to heat the crown likely to unscrew the stem as it is likely glued on after being screwed in.

Any watchmaker or repair stall should have a spare stem for an ETA 2824 movement.

Did a search on the web and found some replacements for $3. I'm able to remove the stem from the crown - no issues there.

Are the stems for ETA 2824s the same for ETA 2824-2s?

Guest carlsbadrolex

If you need a new stem, I was sent 3 2824 stems instead of 2836 stems awhile back... The company told me to keep them and reshipped the correct ones. I should still be able to find them with my entire apartment in boxes right now.

Send me a PM if you need one.

T