When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A 1655 Franken on Craigslist for $2k

Guest carlsbadrolex

The case is definitely wrong. You can tell from the space between the markers on the dial and the rehaut. The dial is bad as well if you look at the position of "T SWISS T".

Anyhow, if it really house the true gen. 1575 GMT movement, it is well worth it as the 1575 already cost this money.

The guy is a regular seller on eBay with a good feedback rating and over 300 transactions. He offered to do the deal quickly on the bay (no use of the "R" word in the listing, buy-it-now for quick turnaround). Also said the GMT hand is fixed/only rotates around dial once in 24 hrs. like gen.) Still not sure I want to venture into these waters, as I'm still bleeding from the wallet over my VJ72 and VJ23 Daytona projects...and those were with people who were great and trustworthy to deal with. :)

Still waiting for some more knowledgeable Rollie folks to weigh in on case, movement, etc.

Say what you will about the chancy nature of ebay sellers (who, at least can be judged to some degree by their seller histories & buyers' ratings), but I would never buy anything of any value from an unknown seller on Craigs list. No way, no how. :thumbdown:

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have made arrangements to drive up to West Hollywierd tomorrow and take a look at it. It may be my leaving California gift to myself!

My only real disappointment with the pics is the dial... That is a horrible dial. I have never seen one where the outer squares were so far from the rehaut.

Maybe more later...

Maybe not...

I'm no expert.. but the markers fall short of reaching the rehaut.. as you already stated .. for me to pay 2k.. pass CBR.. you can build a better one with Ziggy's work on the dial..IMO..for a lot less B)

edit add:.. the case looks to large also..