When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it just me or...

seafoam

Do the CG's on Josh's 14060 look really good...

seafoam

The actual CG's are not to bad they just need a bit off the inside, it's the extension between the edge of the bezel and the start of the crown pocket that lets it down.

Oh and the fact that it hasn’t got any lug holes. :blink:

realandrep.jpg

IMO:

I think that the basilar CG problem on all SUB rep, is due to the wrong point of exit from the case of the crown.

Unfortunately It's always too low.

We can 'masquerade' the problem w. trimming a bit, but the wrong point is always there.

Till than the rep builders do not solve this problem,

we will nether got the perfect SUB rep.

IMO:

I think that the basilar CG problem on all SUB rep, is due to the wrong point of exit from the case of the crown.

Unfortunately It's always too low.

We can 'masquerade' the problem w. trimming a bit, but the wrong point is always there.

Till than the rep builders do not solve this problem,

we will nether got the perfect SUB rep.

Ah, truer words have never been spoken...

When you mod CGs, you need to grind down the base (where the case tube screws into the case) as well as the ears.

These are before & after pics of the same watch case (dial was changed at some point between the 2 sets of pics)

1165200041.jpg

(before)

pinkjeans022a1.jpg

rolexbox20151.jpg

(after)

I see what you mean and agree. Nice work...

As far as 14060 reps go, I emailed most of the Collectors/Dealers here back around January. Andrew had an even better "photo spread" of a 14060 rep on his site (lug holes in the pics).

Upon emailing, all, being very honest and forthright, stated the pics on their site were old, and the 14060's currently available are all missing lug holes, amongst other things.

Fact. 14060 should be one of the easiest to replicate. No Cyclops, No Date Wheel+font issues, a non COSC model has less dial writing.

Reality, factories are using no lug hole cases, technically the dial on a 14060 is a different size then the 16610, so again case issues. Also, IIRC there are slight differences in the bezel. Any rep 14060 is basically an inaccurate rep based on the modern 16610's.

One of my fav's, this is on my Gen list.

-Ronin

As far as 14060 reps go, I emailed most of the Collectors/Dealers here back around January. Andrew had an even better "photo spread" of a 14060 rep on his site (lug holes in the pics).

Upon emailing, all, being very honest and forthright, stated the pics on their site were old, and the 14060's currently available are all missing lug holes, amongst other things.

Fact. 14060 should be one of the easiest to replicate. No Cyclops, No Date Wheel+font issues, a non COSC model has less dial writing.

Reality, factories are using no lug hole cases, technically the dial on a 14060 is a different size the 16610, so again case issues. Also, IIRC there are slight differences in the bezel. Any rep 14060 is basically an inaccurate rep based on the modern 16610's.

One of my fav's, this is on my Gen list.

-Ronin

Agreed. Simple but beautiful watch (gen). My interest in this rep lasted for about 36 hours.... Mwah Mwaahhh...

I think this is potentially the best looking no date sub. Although a lot more money I think it’s worth it. It needs work to look really good but just changing the bezel pearl makes it look miles better.

You will soon know if a better no date sub comes out because people here will be all over it.

web-DSC00432.jpg