When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Navitimer World GMT pix

hackR

A quick post of some pix of my recently acquired Navi World GMT thru a member trade...

Bluerex created a post asking for strap recommendations...I posted these...

The white dial of this watch is actually more off-white/antique white...which, IMO, is actually much more perfect for this watch that a pure white dial...the choice of this Gunny Mona strap really makes this watch rustic, yet still classy...I wish I could take credit for the strap choice, but alas, the previous owner put it together...

For some reason, this 47mm watch actually wears a lot smaller than it is...a great piece...(even if its not replimaniac perfect)...it's perfect to me...

Enjoy -- R

img1723medium.jpg

img1718medium.jpg

img1721medium.jpg

img1725medium.jpg

img1735medium.jpg

img1728medium.jpg

img1730medium.jpg

img1736medium.jpg

img1723medium.jpg

• 3 months later...
Nice.

But 47mm? I seriously doubt it. Navitimer is just ca. 40mm watch.

Really... When you look at an original, even that one is marked at 46mm.

just caught this post...been a busy few days...

i'll take some pix of the World/GMT in daylight and post friday and/or this weekend...assuming we get some damn sun this summer in Upstate NY...may also re-shoot my two other Navis: the v1 black dial tricompax arabic and the current model TT blue dial tricompax arabic with double AR...

Clv is right on case size...make no mistake about it, the World/GMT is a large watch...great presence...it WILL get noticed b/c of the detail and it's size...and the off-white color tones it down from bright white...precisely why i would never consider putting it on polished ss bracelet...too blingy to me...verstaile enough with the dial to be worn on a variety of strap/bracelet choices...and at 24mm, many a PAM strap will work!...the lugs on the normal size Navi's are actually 23mm...so you need to be careful of some 22mm leather straps...it's definitely not a standard 22mm lug...

The smaller Navi's are more discreet...as much as a Navi can be...the size helps tone it down...and to be honest, i really don't think it looks at all cramped having all that detail on the smaller dial...the dial on the v1 Navi is matte finish and the current model is more glossy...the more glossy finish is more gen-like (per Andreww)...what's interesting is that my glossy blue dial Navi has double AR - but there's a "glare"; not from the crystal, but rather from the dial...since there's a dial "glare", i actually have contemplated shifting the double AR crystal to my black matte v1...however, there's no way i'm going to take it all apart to do so...especially not completely sure that the crystals between the two versions are the same...

R-