When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Industry trends early 2009

P4GTR

It seems like our tastes come in waves. Pam stole the show for a while, then the UPO, there was a pretty serious Hublot fling, then more recently a full on lusty Breitling affair..

Personally i'm desensitized and adrift... I don't pine over anything...

I find myself lured back to classic Rolex (I want a gen 16610.), and I sort've hate myself for it.

Whats out there thats going to be captivating your interest in the coming months? Rep or gen.

I share your sentiments almost exactly. Except I am in the 14060 & 16760 Gen Rolex camp, and a Gen Navitimer. (Watches that reps, just don't cut it)

I prefer the classic, vintage, simple clean designs (with the 'classic' Navi exception).

I think I am done with the extra complications aka 7750 based watches. I went through a PVD phase as well.

There is a reason the classic PAM/Rolex designs endure.

However, to the theme of your post "Industry Trends", unfortunately, bling is still in as many watch designs were on the drawing board well over a year ago, before the economic hit. I think PAM had the best showing at Basel this year, they stuck to their roots. Rolex & Breitling disappointed.

I caught the PAM fever for a little while last year. For a couple months I couldn't get my rep PAM off my wrist and then it slowly wore off. It didn't help that I have small wrists, the whole big watch thing really isn't for me. The PAM now gets 0% wrist time, with the 4th gen PO on a leather strap being my daily beater. I wish I had bigger wrists to pull off bigger watches.

Started with Double reds, moved to PAM, into the IWC range - portos' & BP = timeless watches. Now going back to the vintage rollies. Tried Breitling did nothing for me, not interested in anything other brand at mo' Although do like big and chunky cause of wrist size, even reg sub looks painfully small on. :mellow:

My problem is I like them all. I need eight more arms! I don't care what you like; small, large, vintage, modern, gen or rep. They all have a spot in my watch box/shipping crate. :D Some woman want a huge walk-in closet full of clothes. I want a walk-in closet full of watches. :wub: With enough superlume I won't need special lighting!!! :bangin:

My problem is I like them all. I need eight more arms! I don't care what you like; small, large, vintage, modern, gen or rep. They all have a spot in my watch box/shipping crate. :D Some woman want a huge walk-in closet full of clothes. I want a walk-in closet full of watches. :wub: With enough superlume I won't need special lighting!!! :bangin:

+1 :D

+1 :D

+2 :D:D

I am currently on an AP kick myself lately.

:rofl: +3!

I am waiting for a better rep movement. Or at least a cleaner and better regulated one.

Carl

I hear that.