When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 029 GMT Swiss 2893-2

lazarini

Now :rolleyes:

i have got this piece in a trade with Dani (thx again bro) watch came with the Leelo DW installed and a Swiss 2893-2 Gmt workhorse under the hood... I was quite happy with it but knowing what can be done kept me one week before i started to molest The Zigmeister into taking it in... I had some parts that i wanted to install and the mandatory elusive lume job B)

Luck was on my side The Zigmeister responded quick and said he will find an opening to get the job done :D i packed the things up and sent it off...

In the meantime fishgoodep posted his 29 an outstanding example and all i had to do is wait :p

I have returned today from vacation and picked it up in office... ill let the pictures talk but u can bet im really happy with what i received ;)

BIG Thx to The Zigmeister for the work done no doubt an artist in its own class how he re-lumes that dial by hand is beyond my understanding :o thx also to kruzer for the advices along the way and some tips and tricks that came in handy. Also thx deltahoe on a great deal on a Pam gen calf. B)

The mix:

Pam 29

Swiss ETA 2893-2 GMT movement

C1+C3 Superlume dial and hands

Lello DW

Chief Cyclops

Gen SS auto Crown

Lever tightened, new pin fabricated

CG miled to fit the case perfect

Longer stem installed so gen crown fits lever perfect

Re brushed and polished CG

Gen OEM OP Black calf

Rep Brushed SS Panerai Thumb buckle

Oka time for the pictures :)

4-5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

1-11.jpg

3-7.jpg

2-9.jpg

And that sweet lume shot for the cherry on the cake ;)

10.jpg

Hope u enjoyed this little presentation :rolleyes:

Regards LAZ

Hello all thanks for the kind comments! :)

@ fish thx man coming from you this means it must came out good...

@ korn ... not ATM... but never say never ;)

@ kruz... cheers man and once again as said thx for all the advice via PM!

@ oncyte... have no idea got this with the watch already as an extra but im sure some other members will be able to answer...

more pics got a reverse ring for my lens today... be gentle this is my first attempt on half-macro shoots ;)

b.jpg

c.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

d.jpg

Tried a different strap today needed something a bit lighter in color to match the brown shoes ;)

a.jpg

regards Laz

@ chief cheers, appreciate it.

@ dani, well this was only possible because of u brother thx!

@ Slay, ill keep that in mind... ull be able to examine this on the GTG ( PS. like ure internet speed connection!)

@ prince., thx bro... if u have one start slow with parts collection its a very rewarding project...

Laz

more pics got a reverse ring for my lens today... be gentle this is my first attempt on half-macro shoots ;)

e.jpg

f.jpg

Tried a different strap today needed something a bit lighter in color to match the brown shoes ;)

a.jpg

regards Laz

WOW.. Love these two pics especially... very well-taken and shows The Zigmeister's exceptional work once again! :good::notworthy:

What a nice strap combo you have there too, Laz! :wub: Wear it in great health...