When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My franken 28a project is now complete.. some quick pics...

projectologist

This project got started about 9 months ago. Getting all of the necessary components has been a true journey and I have many members to thank. All of the details to follow and those that contributed when I post better pics this weekend.

I'm guessing that because of the lack of AR and the glossiness of the numbers, the Tritium aging is only really noticeable at certain angles and under certain lighting conditions.

This one is a keeper. So for now, some quick pics...

28f01.jpg

28f02.jpg

28f03.jpg

28f04.jpg

28f05.jpg

Project, I hate you.

J/K!

What an amazing watch. Seriously. I agree with FGD, that gen case set puts it in the stratosphere of "gen-ness" for look (and I'm certain feel, as well). Truly a one of a kind piece and something that should bring you years and years of enjoyment.

Absolutely beautiful.

P-

As I said, that is a fabulous project. I know you snapped quick pics and I am guessing your pics were taken with flash. Whenever you have a moment in the next few days please take a few additional pics in natural light with no flash (or visa versa if I have it wrong). Selfishly speaking I am about to redo an old 28 project I have had sitting around for a few years and you have the standard by which all PVD coatings should be gauged. Thanks so much for sharing and wear it well. :)

P-

As I said, that is a fabulous project. I know you snapped quick pics and I am guessing your pics were taken with flash. Whenever you have a moment in the next few days please take a few additional pics in natural light with no flash (or visa versa if I have it wrong). Selfishly speaking I am about to redo an old 28 project I have had sitting around for a few years and you have the standard by which all PVD coatings should be gauged. Thanks so much for sharing and wear it well. :)

Thanks kruzer for the kind words and help with this project! The OP pics were shot in my driveway while sitting in my car. It was overcast, so the finish took on a bluish gray cast. No flash. This finish, patinaed with age, is like a chameleon... might be interesting to do a series of pics this weekend under a variety of lighting conditions. Here are some earlier pics in available light to show it's changing colors. I'll take some flash pics for my next post.

2802.jpg

2801.jpg

28a01.jpg

28a02.jpg