When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster (2532.20)

triplehd

I usually look on eBay now and then to see if there's any good watch parts available - primarily Omega watch parts. I came across and ended up winning a White Seamaster dial. I already have a nicely modded Bond Seamaster, but thought, hey, a white version wouldnt be so bad to add to the collection.

Some specs regarding this version:

Make: Omega

Model: Seamaster Professional (2532.20.00)

Movement: Automatic, Omega Caliber 1120

Features: Screw Down Crown, Helium Escape Valve

Material: Stainless Steel

Crystal: Sapphire

WR: 300M

Width: 40mm

Lugs: 20mm

Pics of the Gen

omega-seamaster_06.jpg

normal_omega-seamaster_07.jpg

My modded SMP

- Gen dial with a bit of aging on the lume dots. But once charged up, it lumes and lumes and lumes

- Gen hands from Ofrei

- Sapphire crystal with single sided A/R

I couldnt find the silver insert nor was I going to drop $200 on the bezel just to get the insert - so I opted for the blue insert - just like on the 2531 model.

Pics

IMG_08351.jpg

IMG_08341.jpg

And with the 2531

IMG_0835.jpg

Close up of my nicely modded 2531 (just need to get the pearl relumed)

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

And last but not least - Omega Seamaster - White Quartz.

- Gen dial

- Gen hands (hands are incorrect length - the new correct hands are on their way)

- Sapphire crystal

- Swiss ETA Quartz

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

How about a group shot?

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

Very nice, how much did you get the dial for if you don't mind me asking ?

Wouldn't mind doing a similar build myself.

I fancy either a white face/gold combo or blue and gold like the limited edition 007 India only model.

Is your quartz dial actually for the mid size version ?

Edited by Omega007

Hey nice build Triple!

Many thanks Marrick. I saw yours and saw that it wasnt too complicated to put together. I just wished that the correct hands came with the dial, but oh well. maybe use those hands on another project ?!?!?!

I would also recommended putting a GOLD aftermarket bezel insert into your white seamaster. The white and blue bezel never sat well for me (I also have a white quartz dial).

I wouldnt mind a gold insert, but haven't really found any good ones. I see this one - Gold Insert but not too sure of the quality. But hey, ya never know :)

Btw - nice Omega SMP with correct HEV position. Did you swap it out with your black SMP?

Nope - someone on RWI was selling a seamaster case and I needed one for this project. Well, as it turned out, it was the clsoed case. The only thing that sucks is that my bracelet does not fit this case (end links are too short). My bracelet is from 2004 - with the serial numbers, but will now have to change the endlinks to fit the case properly.

Nope - someone on RWI was selling a seamaster case and I needed one for this project. Well, as it turned out, it was the clsoed case. The only thing that sucks is that my bracelet does not fit this case (end links are too short). My bracelet is from 2004 - with the serial numbers, but will now have to change the endlinks to fit the case properly.

ahh i know this case. Poor crown though right? crown tube is also internally threaded. Yep, the endlinks don't work on that case.

I sold the electric blue SMP the other day. Someone offer $750 USD for it despite been told it was not genuine (just had genuine movement and crown).

I sold the electric blue SMP the other day. Someone offer $750 USD for it despite been told it was not genuine (just had genuine movement and crown).

$750 ? Wow. I was able to source an asian closed factory electric blue. Swapped the movement with an ETA clone and threw on some gen hands. I bought my wife a gen mid-size for Christmas - the gen dial is still a bit darker blue. I may just grab a gen dial from Ofrei.

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0849-1.jpg

Many thanks W. Just need to get the pearl filled and relumed and I got a gen :)

As soon as I get the new hands for the quartz, will post new pics.

Gonna keep one of the white SMPs - deciding between the automatic (ETA Clone) and then quartz (swiss quartz).