When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More Boring Franken SAs

HauteHippie

Pics could be better too, but here we are....

• Gen dials + rehaut rings
    The Zigmeister lumed hands
    ETA Swiss 7750 in big blue
    Breitling B13 in black batons
    Gen rubber divers (although they look awfully different for some reason)

_MG_7375rsz.jpg

_MG_7386rsz.jpg

Prom shot:

_MG_7393rsz.jpg

Misc:

crp1.jpg

FWIW, the rep DW isn't perfect compared to the gen.... But it's pretty close.

The blue dial is much more impressive in person than in these lousy photos. The subdials have a nice shimer to them and the contrast against the Yankee blue dial is very sharp. The black baton dial is the 2008 super avenger dial that, according to rumor, is going to be discontinued. So it could be somewhat of a rarity soon. :)

Nice SA's Chief! Love the batons in black :wub: Wonder why the straps are different....made in different years perhaps?

Yea I dunno... Got them from the same guy who gave me that explanation (different years). Still it seems a little fishy. The black one is thicker with more pronounced lettering. The blue one is thinner and more comfy.

Yeah the deal with the straps is true.

When I went to the AD to get a strap they had the black 22mm version like your blue one with the less pronounced lettering as well as a few blue ones with the more pronounced lettering. The only black one they had with the thicher lettering was 24mm. I asked why they were different and he said the less pronounced lettering strap are the new ones and the bolder ones are old.

Yeah the deal with the straps is true.

When I went to the AD to get a strap they had the black 22mm version like your blue one with the less pronounced lettering as well as a few blue ones with the more pronounced lettering. The only black one they had with the thicher lettering was 24mm. I asked why they were different and he said the less pronounced lettering strap are the new ones and the bolder ones are old.

Ok, well that's good to know. But now, of course, I wish the black was the less pronounced and the blue was the more pronounced version given that the baton dial is the newest version. Oh well.

@DT - Don't abandon. ;)