When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Doxa 600T-graph

lanikai

I was always taken by the Doxa Subs.. well, really only as a huge die hard fan of Clive Cussler and his adventure novels featuring his character : Dirk Pitt, the Doxa being the official watch of NUMA .. for those of you who have read Dr. Cussler's books or marvelled at his vintage collection of classic autos you will know what I mean..

Read about the History and Clive Cussler ~ I've read each and every one of his novels.. thoroughly enjoyed each one !!

http://www.doxawatches.com/clive_cussler.htm

But after seeing Doxa here on RWG .... I had to have one.. and a member here guided me to one... although in Tennessee and advertised as .. "Local cash sale only"... but after communicating with the seller.. which turned out to be my pleasure.. the 600T-graph landed in Hawaii last week.. B)

Roll call !!

post your Doxa

thanks for viewing

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

doxa600t005.jpg

doxa600t008.jpg

doxa600t015.jpg

doxa600t006.jpg

doxa600t009.jpg

doxa004.jpg

99711941.jpg

doxa600t003.jpg

doxa002.jpg

the 300T CONQUISTADOR :wub:

myconq9.jpg

In 1969, Doxa introduced the first diver watch equipped with a Helium Release Valve (HRV) that was available to the general public. It was called the "DOXA SUB 300T Conquistador". The HRV is believed to have been co-developed by Doxa and Rolex, for which Rolex submitted patent number CH-A-492 246 on 6th November 1967. Although Rolex fitted Submariners (model 5513 - non date) with prototypes of this escape valve, which COMEX divers used successfully for 2 years, they didn't actually begin to build the Helium Release Valve into their retail dive watches until 1971. This was when they produced the HRV equipped Sea-Dweller, almost 2 years after Doxa had released the Conquistador. More information about the development of the Conquistador and the Doxa SUB in general can be found in an interview with the chief designer, Mr. Urs Eschle.

the full interview..

http://www.doxa300t.com/interview/interview.htm ....

Sense of humor? Haaah! Don't count on it. But there are a couple good guys over there... Dr. Pete, Simon, Granite.

Boy did you start your Doxaholic journey with a bang! That's simply gorgeous. :wub:

Wonder when Chicken Manny will chime in here?? He's got some really nice pieces too.

Here's mine. I had to shave the endpieces of a modern doxa to get the modern bracelet to fit.

I have the old one stored away safely.

P1030292.jpg

Beauty csk !!!!

thanks for posting..

@asimplef

yez sir.. the orange dial and the case are awesome on all the doxa's .. but the lung... sheesh...

....mmmmmmm :g: .. 300T with the black lung someday.. :lol:

That Doxa T-Graph is certainly a beauty, Lani!

It's interesting how the running seconds are at 3, instead of the usual 9 o'clock position for a V7750 movement. So obviously, Doxa uses their own movement- or at least not a V7750.

thanks for sharing.

That Doxa T-Graph is certainly a beauty, Lani!

It's interesting how the running seconds are at 3, instead of the usual 9 o'clock position for a V7750 movement. So obviously, Doxa uses their own movement- or at least not a V7750.

thanks for sharing.

ETA 2894-2

Produced by ETA (Swatch Group) since 1996

automatic modular construction with ETA 2892 base movement and chronograph plate, 28,800 bph, 28 mm diameter, 6.1 mm height, 37 jewels, 47 h power-reserve, lever/cam design

very common, often used in mid-priced models with a Tricompax (3,6,9) helper-dial outlay, due to the modular construction, crown and pushers are not on the same line

Examples of watches that use this movement: Omega automatic Speedmasters with helper dials at 3,6 and 9. Chopard Mille Miglia chrono, Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronograph, Hublot Navy, Girard Perregaux "Pour Ferrari"

eta2894.jpg

You got it, the Sub 600 T-Graphs use a decorated ETA 2894-2 chrono movement.

Hey Lani, how does it keep time? I'd have to say my Doxas are the most accurate watches I own, usually running within

I knew I'd find this familiar avatar soon enough .. scroll down a couple of post and you will see our one and only......

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f...55&p=636813

'Nanuq' date='Apr 20 2009, 08:20 AM' post='650044']

Outriggers? We don't need no steenking outriggers! :Jumpy:

crash.jpg

:lol: No wonder more single engine aricraft are sold in Alaska than anywhere else on the planet..

ALERT ALL DOXA DROOLERS!!

There's a very lovely vintage Sub 200 T-Graph on Ebay right now, the one with the silver dial. It's exceedingly rare, and looks to be in great shape. It also has the vintage Beads of Rice bracelet... impossible to find.

Join the crowd! Give Lanikai some brotherhood! These are wonderful pieces. :tu: