When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can a Strap 'make' a watch ? ?

billywhiz

I believe so. I have a Cartier Santos and it has an el cheapo strap/watch combination, reminding me of the watches you get at the dollar store.

I purchased and aftermarket strap to be more like the ones shown on the Cartier website, and the watch looks a million times better.

I also changed the strap on my Longines Grand Classique after I saw the gen version and tried it on at an AD.

100% improvement :good:

The strap absolutely makes the watch, and changing a strap can really make a lot of difference to the overall feel of a watch :)

For example...

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0798.jpg

DSCN1046.jpg

DSCN1117.jpg

As you can see, different straps, and totally different feels to the watch :)

I feel most strongly about the 'strap making the watch' opinion when it comes to PAM 183s.

Very accurate reps, but when you add OEM croc or something comparable in quality...you just stepped up the game significantly.

Sure, changing straps can alter the image, or the vibe the watch gives off....but thats my example of a strap truly 'making' a time piece.

IM a big timberland fan. Love there kicks. I also like this watch with the new strap Billy. I have really been bitten by the Panerai bug resently, and as you know straps are a big deal when It comes to Pams. I have spent so much money on straps in the last few months.... well now Im straped for cash ;) Mike