When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 16610 & ETA 2836-2

P4GTR

This is the "classic swiss ETA" version from Josh at PC. I've taken a liking to this watch, and quite a few pics along the way. I'd like to share some first time movement pics, and some oldys but goodies, too. Away we go..

This is an interesting look back 2 years ago at what you got for $250, movement wise. I haven't seen much of this, especially not recently. Pearling, blue screws. Even a purple gear! :huh:

(thats not rust on the case surround, just debris)

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF01.jpg

DSCF01001.jpg

Look how easy it is to take close ups. This is a 10 year old Fuji Finepix!

DSCF0004.jpg

2836-2 I promise.

DSCF0003.jpg

My very first watch pic. Taken shortly after its arrival.

DCDC16610.jpg

NATO Fashion faux pahs..

DSC02599.jpg

My eyes!! :o

DSC02571.jpg

Martini time, cruising the Caribbean. Granted, I never need an excuse for a martini. Or to repost this picture.

joann096.jpg

Posing for my bracelet rattle fix thread. And It really works. If you haven't tried it, click HERE!

DSC00681.jpg

:drunk:

D1SCF0004.jpg

DSCF0022-1.jpg

This sticker was pretty good. Almost.

DSCF0015-1.jpg

DSCF0010-1.jpg

Nice pics! That's definitely some deep rehaut on your 'classic' sub. Kinda like the old TW Best. From what I gather, Paul still sells a lot of these older subs- maybe Josh, too. With the usual upgrades (pearl, trim cg's) they make great beaters. Thanks for sharing.

I had a similar watch two or three years ago and the movement was from Seagull with Eta markings and a rolex style rotor. It ran fine and I traded it away but it soon came back with the winding rotor loose in the case. The rotor came off the bearing race where it was pressed on so I pressed it back with some Loctite 'stud and bearing mount' and it has been all right for over two years.

The etaclone Seagull movements seem to be Ok.

Here is a teardown on one:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=216945

I had a similar watch two or three years ago and the movement was from Seagull with Eta markings and a rolex style rotor.

Here is a teardown on one:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=216945

So you think I got duped eh? I'm pretty sure this is an ETA. A watchsmith was, too.

Great close-up pics of the movement. :good:

Thanks bud. Its surprising simple, all you need is a loupe.

Nice pictures!

I have that kind of decorated eta 2836-2 movement in my WM9 from PT and it looks very nice I think BUT I have been told ( by Bk1234, and used to be right ! ? ) that it is old, used SWISS movements in thoose decorated movements.

My works just fine and it has the incablock instead of the novodiac.

"So you think I got duped eh? I'm pretty sure this is an ETA. A watchsmith was, too."

I do not know, I hope not but mine was not swiss. It had the rolex look-alike rotor, black screws, and Eta markings too...I paid for swiss but did not get swiss.

I do not know what yours is.

I just looked at 12 new swiss made Eta movements in my shop including 2824, 2836, and 2846 and none had black screws anywhere but in the autowind assembly.

If some of these decorated movements are swiss made Eta, maybe they were decorated, had black screws and signed rotors for some brand and the rolex style rotor was added before being installed in a replica rolex.

Who knows?

Not me and that's for sure.

Pam111 has them, black screws and all, with a stick on rolex tag on the rotor:

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=947

Can not tell about the Eta markings though.

That Rolex rotor on Paul's sub sure looks aftermarket to me- especially with the slots cut in it. At that point you'd have to wonder if the whole movement isn't a clone- even though he claims it's Swiss. You know ETA would never put anything on a rotor that said Rolex! And that red gear is another aftermarket application. And I'm always suspicious of blued screws in a movement- just looks too chinese to me- like the asian Venus 175 with all of its blue screws.