When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordering a Replica in Canada, Can I get charged?

Rqwin

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, I want to order 1 replica watch from out of country but I want to know what would happen if I get caught by customs or whatever. What are the fines? Will I get charged? What are others experiences?

Canada rules for the rep world. Very little worries or concerns. Some have had issues...but their numbers are low. Order from one of our dealers here, and they will re-ship if seized by Customs...which it won't be. Read the Noob Guide linked in my signature for an introduction to the rep world, links to posts on the legality of owning replicas, and other answers to questions you didn't even know you had.

Welcome to the forum. Read. Search. Learn. Share.

Hopefully you'll find the information so awesome, and the people so great that you'll want to upgrade your membership to a supporting paid subscription to ensure the forum stays alive.

I'm from Toronto BTW...as are a number of senior and junior members.

Guest hublot1

Owning or ordering replicas is not illegal in Canada. Usually they ship from China or HK and it takes 10 working days more or less. ALL incoming watches like any other product will show Being reviewd by customs rellllllllllllax it is simply formality and delivery to your door without any problems.

Should anything happen the dealer usually send you another one just stick with a reputable seller wait anxiously and enjoy!

Relax and enjoy the experience .. my own personal experience with buying reps in Asian and having them shipped to me in Canada is 100% trouble free in the past three years with over 20 purchases. In Canada interdiction and prosecution is reserved for the rep sellers. Cheers

Owning or ordering replicas is not illegal in Canada. Usually they ship from China or HK and it takes 10 working days more or less. ALL incoming watches like any other product will show Being reviewd by customs rellllllllllllax it is simply formality and delivery to your door without any problems.

Should anything happen the dealer usually send you another one just stick with a reputable seller wait anxiously and enjoy!

Ok this is not factual.

Whereas the rep buying experience will usually run smooth we do need to be aware that the act of importing a rep watch, not only to Canada but most countries in the world, is in fact illegal.

That said your watch should sail through without problems but if it gets seized by customs they will generally just destroy it and most dealers on these boards will reship.

Ken

I have ordered several from dealers here - don't get in to a panic if you see on the order tracking 'Package Sent To Canada Customs for Review' first time I saw that I got stressed, but it's normal and a couple of days later you'll see 'Package Released from Customs' and your watch will show up. Deliveries can take from 10 to 14 days from the 'drop shippers'

That my experience and 2 cents

P.S. Watches are addictive - run, run fast while you have a chance...........

Alright placed an order for a Rolex Sub, lets see what happens. B)

Hopefully you ordered the Noobmariner...best of the bunch for the price. F520117 serial #. There are better...but significantly more money.

I have one...stopped wearing it opting for the SSD instead. The Sub is great though...

Hi from Ottawa!

Canada customs once opened a packet I ordered from Narikaa. They carefully inspected the contents;

A Vacheron Constantin

The packet was labeled ambiguously, the customs officer just put it all back and charged me some completely arbitrary minimal charge... like $7.83...

9/10 times I have not been charged. They won't confiscate your watch. Depending on where you are my greatest concern would be for the safety of your watch. Canada Post workers can be pretty brutal with packages.

Ok this is not factual.

Whereas the rep buying experience will usually run smooth we do need to be aware that the act of importing a rep watch, not only to Canada but most countries in the world, is in fact illegal.

Ken

Just to clarify this Canada rep illegal/legal issue read the following from the RCMP particularly item #2 and #5:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/fio-pelf/intel-eng.htm

Even pirated music download for your own use is legal in Canada.

You are right Ken, it probably is illegal to import a rep in to Canada. But, as I recall from research done a few years back, Customs agents have no authority to seize or press charges. A customs agent must notify the RCMP who would then have to contact the manufacturer. If the manufacturer wanted to pursue charges, then the watch could be confiscated. As you can see, there is a lot of procedure and red tape to go through, certainly too much for a single watch. They will only act on volume importing for the purpose of distribution.

You are right Ken, it probably is illegal to import a rep in to Canada.

If it is legal to own (according to RCMP) I don't see how it could be illegal to import????? It doesn't make sens to allow something to be owned and preventing someone to get it.

If it is legal to own (according to RCMP) I don't see how it could be illegal to import????? It doesn't make sens to allow something to be owned and preventing someone to get it.

Actually it does make sense. From a legal stance, it protects people who "unknowingly" acquired (however it was done) something counterfeit from incurring legal action...as opposed to the potential to have action against somebody who imports something counterfeit.