When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings Watch Aficionados, Norway Calling.

Greetings!

Having read a lot of topics and posts around here the last day or so, I see now that what I thought were "fake" watches is so much more. I honestly could not have imagined how serious and interesting this hobby/lifestyle/occupation is.

I have found a few models I have only heard of before, like the Omega PO and the LV wich I have more or less fallen in love with. Just starting to discover a new world of beautiful watches, I see I have lots to look forward to!

I am first and foremost an Omega Seamaster-fan, being a sailor and all, and I have a thing for beautiful diver-style watches with blue dials. (Any recommendations to models to look into would be very welcome)

I'm sure I'll tickle someone by saying that I can't really see what the Panerai-craze is all about! You who have handled them and worn them might know a lot more than I do (I'm sure), but I guess it comes down to taste in the end.

A request: Can anyone selling to or buying from norway tell me how it works? I mean with customs and CC/paypal transactions. Can we in this tax-ridden country avoid/reduce tax issues in any way?

Anyway: I look forward to reading and researching around these parts, feeding off your knowledge and experiences. I might not be a very active poster in forums, but I find it very interesting to read what you have to share.

Edited by Everythingape

Hello Everythingape and welcome to RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We have a few members from Norway including our esteemed leader, can I suggest a little chat with members Dani or Gran (both from Norway) to get your questions answered.

Ken :)

Hello Everythingape and welcome to RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We have a few members from Norway including our esteemed leader, can I suggest a little chat with members Dani or Gran (both from Norway) to get your questions answered.

Ken :)

Welcome :) A one liner on Omegas...one of the must-have reps are the Planet Ocean 42mm 4th Gen (Josh, Trusty or PT) or the 5th gen XL from TTK (I got mine from him). I'd suggest you read the reviews by By-Tor and other knowledgeable members and try to get/ download a copy of the Replica Watch Report (www.replicawatchreport.com)...you'll see the light then! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Happy trails and keep an eye on your paypal account...it can get pretty interesting as you go along! :whistling:

Cheers :drunk:

Alex

Thanks a lot guys!

I've concentrated most of my reading around seamasters, and I'm starting to get a little overview.. One thing I wonder about though; the 40, 42 and 45 mm and other sizes.. I don't like huge watches, nor do I like the tiny almost woman's-looking ones, so are the 42/42,5mm ones they way to go for me?

Edited by Everythingape

Hi, and welcome!

No problem with buying to Norway.. I have never had anything confiscated.. but three times I had to pay tax (25%) on my illegal goods! :lol: Shipping can be very slow from China, though..

As Alextor says; Bytors Omega guide is a must-read for Omega fans!

Good luck, its a fun hobby!

Edited by chrgod

Välkommen!

This is the place to be.

And my first question was also: What's about Panerai???

NOW I AM HOOKED!

Thanks/Tackar/Takk

Hehe, I'll keep the Panerainfection in mind...

I have a friend that's crazy about Porsche Design-watches, (you guys don't care about those much?) but I really think they look like the first watch I ever bought.. ..when I was 12.. ;)

• 2 months later...
I'm sure I'll tickle someone by saying that I can't really see what the Panerai-craze is all about! You who have handled them and worn them might know a lot more than I do (I'm sure), but I guess it comes down to taste in the end.

2 months down the road and I have 3 pams and the Pam-fever.. I stand corrected and I guess it DID come down to taste :)

A request: Can anyone selling to or buying from norway tell me how it works? I mean with customs and CC/paypal transactions. Can we in this tax-ridden country avoid/reduce tax issues in any way?

Hei og velkommen.

I have shopped one replica from Silix (Shanghai) and a lot of watches (genuines) from other sources in S-America, USA, Phillipines, Thailand etc.

I only shop from vendors that accept Paypal or similar service. Other solutions (direct credit card, bank transfer etc) in my opinion either to risky or to expensive. No problems with Paypal.

Sending you an IM regarding shipping and customs etc.

Hei og velkommen.

I have shopped one replica from Silix (Shanghai) and a lot of watches (genuines) from other sources in S-America, USA, Phillipines, Thailand etc.

I only shop from vendors that accept Paypal or similar service. Other solutions (direct credit card, bank transfer etc) in my opinion either to risky or to expensive. No problems with Paypal.

Sending you an IM regarding shipping and customs etc.

En smule gammel post til å svare på tror jeg :p

Som du ser har han allerede kjøpt seg en del klokker etter at han posted i august.

Men velkommen til nok en nordboer.

• 2 weeks later...
2 months down the road and I have 3 pams and the Pam-fever.. I stand corrected and I guess it DID come down to taste :)

PAM-fever is unshakeable and inevitable. :Jumpy: