When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 or AMG Ingy

clkcadet

I really like both of these watches!

The 3717 is so classic and stealthy, but the Ingy AMG (non chrono ingy) is the perfect mix of sport and beauty.

I know the 3717 has some flaws on the latest version, but is it that bad to leave unmodded?

Also, I see the AMG ingy non chrono does in fact have double AR (as per puretimes website) so it looks pretty gen-like out of the box.... but the date wheel is quite a flaw. Is a correct datewheel easy to find... or should it just be left as is and maybe do a lume job?

Any input is appreciated as I want to pick this one up at once. I am closing the deal on a pam 111 as well..... damn this place really makes you spend some money!!!

Guest asim

i do like the Ingy especially as you can get a solid ETA workhorse inside it, but the date wheel is definitely flawed and any sources who could get you a good date wheel are long gone or hard to find. I was lucky enough to find a Lello date wheel in the parts section a few days ago and I will get the SS non chrono Ingy very soon.

But as for the 3717, that should be your choice imo!!!

You can modify that watch so much that it looks 99.9999% gen!

You can source ETA date wheels for it easily that look like the gen, you can even try and put in an ETA7750 which would add more value to the watch and sometimes gen dials pop around the sales forums, so watch out!!

I'm a one rep, one gen kind of guy ;)

Its so hard to just choose one everyday rep!

I'm torn between so many models (pam dsn 104, pam 212, iwc 3717,amg ingy, ap roo, hublot tuiga, etc.) and I just want to settle on one out of the box rep that will not get called out. I want to have something stealthy and not wide known so I think the 3717 is a perfect choice, but that ingy is stunning!! It looks like a mix of a ap roo (with that bezel and case shape) and an ordinary sub with the stealthy understated black dial. And those hour markers are stunning!

I'm a one rep, one gen kind of guy ;)

I'm torn between so many models (pam dsn 104, pam 212, iwc 3717,amg ingy, ap roo, hublot tuiga, etc.)

It's sounding like you're understanding of yourself is not so correct. You NEED more than one rep if you're having that much difficulty deciding on just one. :p;)

• 1 month later...