When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO for a swim....anyone?

nnomad

Since the thing says "planet ocean".. and having in mind something called "coherence" ...i wonder..how many of you took your UPO for a swim?..share the experience

Unsucessfull stories welcome.....:)

cheers,

A.

I just got my PO Chrono with correct sub dials - waterproofed from Trusty. I AM going to test this swimming, that was the whole point. So far I have only had it under running water and in a glass. So far so good.

Will report back after first swimming (still to cold here)

Thomas

Swimming, diving, hot tub, shower, all is good. No worries.

I think you're missing a few steps. You have to take some preliminary measures before you do all those things. 9 out of 10 reps I received (including the UPO) all have loose case backs, non greased seals etc. Just some of the things which can cause major problems when exposing the watch to water and moist.

In order to make sure any watch is properly waterproof you have to secure all the possible water entry point: Crown, case back, crystal, (if applicable HEV, chrono pushers)!

I take both of mine swimming, surf ski paddling, and generally go them wet any chance I get. I greased the case back o-ring and got a bit of grease under the crown when it was new but have not spent a whole lot of time on them.

Btw o-ring grease simply helps protect the o-ring and pro-long the life, its doesn't actually help waterproof directly. Its most important on the crown where the o-ring can be damaged as the crown turns if its not lubricated. I've seen a couple of reps with o-rings torn apart from nothing more than winding.

After reading this last week I put my UPO on one wrist and my Narikka 42 PO on the other and went for a swim today. After an hour in the pool I am happy to report they are both doing fine. Only thing I have done is made sure the backs, crown, and He valves were secure.

Of course my wife thinks I'm crazy.

• 2 weeks later...