When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the quality of this aftermarket part?

Does anyone have any experience with any aftermarket retaining ring, and bezel ring for a modern sub 16610?

how's the quality? and will it fit an MBK sub and provide a bezel ring of correct height so no retaining ring sanding is NOT necessary?

thanks

link to current one for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEZEL-INSERT-RETAINING...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

This is Faisal Ali down here in Sugar Land, TX. Freddy and I are not too fond of him. The only part I bought from him that I had any luck with was a 24-7030 Rolex case tube. Now BK buys the bezel inserts from him from his other store- jewelryoutlet555. I bought an $8 click spring from him for my 16800 gen and it was trash. Ended up buying a gen one from my watchmaker for $15.

I've noticed another seller here in Houston, I believe, watchbandman50. He has the bezels:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/WATCHBANDMAN50..._fsubZ230261018

I haven't tried him yet, but I'm thinking about it. Maybe he has the retaining ring, also.

Also, check out Clark's- nostalgia2000 on the bay, might even email Gary Clark, and see what he has.

Then again, you could try Faisal and if it doesn't work, send the parts back to him- you'd hopefully only be out the postage.

This is Faisal Ali down here in Sugar Land, TX. Freddy and I are not too fond of him. The only part I bought from him that I had any luck with was a 24-7030 Rolex case tube. Now BK buys the bezel inserts from him from his other store- jewelryoutlet555. I bought an $8 click spring from him for my 16800 gen and it was trash. Ended up buying a gen one from my watchmaker for $15.

I've noticed another seller here in Houston, I believe, watchbandman50. He has the bezels:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/WATCHBANDMAN50..._fsubZ230261018

I haven't tried him yet, but I'm thinking about it. Maybe he has the retaining ring, also.

Also, check out Clark's- nostalgia2000 on the bay, might even email Gary Clark, and see what he has.

Then again, you could try Faisal and if it doesn't work, send the parts back to him- you'd hopefully only be out the postage.

Likewise. I wouldn't recommend doing business with him.

I believe this is yet another of Mr. Slimeball's nom de plumes.

I've never been able to make that connection- looks like probably higher quality merchandise and a slightly better approval rating. But I haven't ordered from them either.

I think we need to have an in-joke here - anytime some poor unsuspecting member asks about Mr Greaseball/Slimeball/Peddler of Overpriced Aftermarket Crap, there's just needs to be silence, an embargo until Freddy juices up sufficient foam at the corners of his mouth to give his opinion.....I know it's coming every time I scroll down :D